What's new
  • Most issues reported these days stem from users not enabling their emulators to use the required amount of RAM.
    We also tend not to use the search feature but post our issues within the texture pack release page.
    Failure to load a texture pack should not be posted in the release thread unless you have already patched the emulator.

If you don't have the resources to use Large/HD texture packs please do not attempt to do so.
    Users should have a minimum amount of System RAM not less then 4GB's.
    If you have less then 4GB's of RAM do not post about how your emulator crashes,
    RAM is dirt cheap so invest some money into your PC.

I would like to say thanks to squall_leonhart
    for posting this Solution.

How can you convert Donkey Kong from Mario Kart to Diddy Kong Racing

Toasty

Sony battery
You don't need to triple-post every thread you start...

Not sure I understand your question. Do you want a Diddy Kong Racing character's textures to be replaced with Donkey Kong?

Soyo

You cant. Mariokart uses Sprites, and diddy kong racing uses 3D models for racers.

and didnt you ask this same question a long time ago?

M[u]ddy

You can't do it at all.
In Mario Kart the driver and their cars are 2D,
in Diddy Kong Racing they are 3D.
But perhaps you can take the Donkey Kong from Donkey Kong 64.

But perhaps you can take the Donkey Kong from Donkey Kong 64.

Last edited by a moderator:

tailslol

sorry but you cant change the 3d models of n64 games sory( drivers are in 2d in mario kart and 3d in didy kong racing)

OP
J

Jerrod_Vick

how about i just copy the kart from diddy kong racing and paste on diddy kong racing and donkey kong can be character

How can i make donkey kong replace any character in diddy kong racing post really quick

Last edited by a moderator:

Vanit

I know there are ways but obviously you aren't in the know.

So therefore you can't. Period.

Leo111

Please stop making useless posts it's freaking annoying to read stuff like this it won't kill you if you use some . and , every once in a while and start searching the forum before asking questions that have been answered thousands of times already

Vanit

Amen. Jerrod, are you reading any of this at all? It seems you're just ignoring our replies and continue to operate under the illusion that it can be done. Bluntly, you're an idiot. If anyone is to make the conversion I doubt it will be you, sir.

It pains me to insult anyone at any level. But you obviously have no respect for our replies.

EmuFan

Emulation Fanatic
I was actually about to say the same thing myself..And i would say that this guy needs to be insulted, in order to get it into his head.

Toasty

Sony battery
Textures can be replaced; 3D models cannot. The characters in Diddy Kong Racing are 3D models and, therefore, cannot be replaced. Their textures possibly could be, but none of them have a Donkey Kong body, so his textures would be out-of-place if they were used.

Toasty

Sony battery
Jerrod_Vick said:
how about i just copy the kart from diddy kong racing and paste on diddy kong racing and donkey kong can be character
Well, if it's that simple, why do you need our help? Also, you've gotten the same response in one of your other identical threads you posted.

Jerrod I just loved your idea so much I decided to help you. What you need to do is compile the mario kart rom as a .dvi and extract the DK driver from the game. From there compile didy kong racing as a dvi as well. insert the driver in and recompile the whole thing as an iso andthen convert it to a .z64. If you have questions on any of the steps join the #3d-palace chanel at irc.freenode.net (irc server, once again not coverd here google it).