What's new

64DD IPL works!

OP
Nekokabu

Nekokabu

This IPL rom are dumped from retail 64DD.
using GameShark and Hacked GS Utility.

64DD IPL rom are mapped 0xA6000000-0xA63FFFFFFF(0x06000000-0x063FFFFF).
If you want running it on Emulator, change IPL rom header
00000000: 80 27 07 40 -> 80 37 12 40

**Edit**
and replace Offset:00000040-00001000 to other rom that has CIC-NUS-6102/5.

>are there any dumped roms avaiable for it?
No, but 64DD disk can dump I think.
I heard that some people succeeded in dumping 64DD disks.
and works it on an Unreleased Nemu beta version...
http://64dd.emedian.net/64dd.net/modules/newbb/viewtopic.php?topic_id=284&forum=1

Last edited:

Mouser X

Yes, 64DD images have been dumped. I don't know how many, and I'm fairly certain that they're not open to the public (last I heard). Though, I don't know if that's quite what you were asking. HCS is/was working on ripping F-Zero X 64DD Expansion to USF, but last I heard there was very little progress on that. The biggest holdup, to my understanding, is that HCS said that to rip F-Zero X expansion, he'd need to replace the songs/files in the F-Zero X N64 ROM with those in the 64DD image. And, since HCS can't easily find the files in the ROM or in the 64DD image, it's proving quite a challange.

Basically, that's about all the info. I have regarding 64DD images. Hope that answers your question, a little. Mouser X out.

OP
Nekokabu

Nekokabu

Sorry, I forgot it.

If you want running it on Emulator,
change IPL rom header and Boot CIC ;)

barc0de

Hi,

I m Barc0de from 64DD.net and Assemblergames forum.

I was wondering, how did u get the IPL4ROM not to display an error code for 64DD RTC and the rest of the errors?

Also, did you 'dump' the file using a gameshark, or did u just edit the development ipl? ;)

OP
Nekokabu

Nekokabu

Hi,

I m Barc0de from 64DD.net and Assemblergames forum.

I was wondering, how did u get the IPL4ROM not to display an error code for 64DD RTC and the rest of the errors?

Also, did you 'dump' the file using a gameshark, or did u just edit the development ipl? ;)

hi.

IPL rom are dumped from retail 64DD.
not from IPL4ROM, Dev 64DD(ReoDriveUnit).

barc0de

Thanks Nekobabu :)

How did u make the DDROM not to display any error codes, like that of an RTC or DD attached etc?

FloW3184

Emu_and_Mobile_Freak
The F-zero X expansion kit dump is in v64 format... what does that mean if i want to emulate it?
Is it possible to emulate it at all atm (like the IPL rom)??
Do i have to change the header of it with a HEX-editor, too?
What i have to do with the Hex editor is clear to me... but what does that mean?
replace Offset:00000040-00001000 to other rom that has CIC-NUS-6102/5.

Last edited: