What's new

Werid controller problem(windowed vs fullscreen)

Darth_Hagrid

Amd XP 2.1Ghz
Geforce 6800 256MB OC
WinXP
All roms verified, happens with any game
640x480 32bit 2x SaI (fullscreen) ***1024x896 2x SaI (window) happens all the time, any fullscreen resolution
Using Jnes 0.6

Using an SNES controller with NTPAD v2.01

Hi, I have a peculiar problem. When running Jnes in a windowed mode my controller works perfectly. When running in fullscreen mode under any resolution the controller does not work at all, unless i mash on the buttons then i'll get some response but Jnes will just keep repeating the buttons i mashed over and over as if in turbo mode(i.e. moving forward while jumping repeatedly slashing a whip *castlevania 3*).

I've been using my snes controller/nt pad setup for ages with zsnes and project 64(just recently bought a usb n64 adapter) so i highly doubt the controller is at fault. i just plugged in another known good pad and the same thing happens, yet under zsnes or pj64 it works perfectly in windowed/fullscreen.

Any ideas?

Jabo

Emulator Developer
Hmm I suppose that's especially weird considering I wrote the input for pj, honestly tho I have no idea, it could be that jnes uses a slightly different handling but I doubt it... if anything comes to mind I'll let you know, I've never used such a device myself tho

OP
D

Darth_Hagrid

Well, problem solved.

Triple Buffering enabled caused this problem with the input for some reason. With triple buffering disabled the input functions properly in fullscreen.

I tried using BSNES and when I enabled triple buffering on his program the same thing happened... WERID!

Using ZSNES or PJ64 with triple buffering enabled does not affect the input at all.
Any ideas on this?

I must say Jnes is an awesome emulator. :party:

Jabo

Emulator Developer
Darth_Hagrid said:
Well, problem solved.

Triple Buffering enabled caused this problem with the input for some reason. With triple buffering disabled the input functions properly in fullscreen.

I tried using BSNES and when I enabled triple buffering on his program the same thing happened... WERID!

Using ZSNES or PJ64 with triple buffering enabled does not affect the input at all.
Any ideas on this?

I must say Jnes is an awesome emulator. :party:

Sounds good, thanks for letting everyone know I'm sure there will be others who will benefit from your help