What's new
  • Most issues reported these days stem from users not enabling their emulators to use the required amount of RAM.
    We also tend not to use the search feature but post our issues within the texture pack release page.
    Failure to load a texture pack should not be posted in the release thread unless you have already patched the emulator.

If you don't have the resources to use Large/HD texture packs please do not attempt to do so.
    Users should have a minimum amount of System RAM not less then 4GB's.
    If you have less then 4GB's of RAM do not post about how your emulator crashes,
    RAM is dirt cheap so invest some money into your PC.

I would like to say thanks to squall_leonhart
    for posting this Solution.

speiles F-ZERO X retexture

speile

Currently ***ding FZX
speiles F-ZERO X retexture updated 04/07/06

update september 06:
ok i know i havent posted in ages, but thats sort of not my problem as my laptop broke and i like had to wait ages for it to be looked at by a repair man, only to be told it wasnt fixable, and that i had to buy a new one.
I plan to restart work on the project in a couple of weeks when my course restarts back at uni.

Speiles fzero retexture is here!!.. ill be updating over the next few months with progress.

An update to the first pack is availible.

Pack 1c
Features:- all textures for Mute City1, Devils Forest 1, Silence1/2, firefield, a/b sector, HUD,shadows aand some menu items, except maps and some backdrops.

Screens:
F-ZEROX-12.jpg

F-ZEROX-7.jpg

F-ZEROX-5.jpg

(edit theres a slight glitch in the screen above, this is an emulator glitch only not texture)
Download:
http://www.yourfilehost.com/media.php?cat=other&file=F_ZERO_X.rar
unrar into the hires directory in plugins and use rices video plugin.

Last edited:
OP
speile

speile

Currently ***ding FZX
Ill just give a small teaser shot of my progress on sillence.

F-ZEROX-9.jpg

for some reason the moon flickers, but that must an emulator glitch as it hapens even when not using enhanced textures...

ive made a bit of progress since the last update, theres a few new signs updated (with cheesey comments of course) and when im in the mood, im making the enviroment building textures for devils forrest in 3ds max, the screen below shows the peaks texture ive replaced
ROCKWORK1.png

and i thought id show you some of the mute city back drops (that are in pack 1a)
SCAPE3.png
SCAPE2.png

Not that either of these were thought out at all or properly made. But they fit the job perfectly

oh yeah, i nearly forgot, if anyone has a horses or wolfs skull 3d mesh, available for me to use, it would be greatly appreciated

Last edited:

optimus$prime

speile said:
ive made a bit of progress since the last update, theres a few new signs updated (with cheesey comments of course) and when im in the mood, im making the enviroment building textures for devils forrest in 3ds max, the screen below shows the peaks texture ive replaced
ROCKWORK1.png

and i thought id show you some of the mute city back drops (that are in pack 1a)
SCAPE3.png
SCAPE2.png

Not that either of these were thought out at all or properly made. But they fit the job perfectly

oh yeah, i nearly forgot, if anyone has a horses or wolfs skull 3d mesh, available for me to use, it would be greatly appreciated

great work. i'm impressed that you work in 3dsmax. but can you make them bigger?

OP
speile

speile

Currently ***ding FZX
optimus$prime said:
great work. i'm impressed that you work in 3dsmax. but can you make them bigger?

sry photo bucket always resizes them. off topic though, are u at bath uni, i see someone with you username on the network?

in other news checkout the new pack, which now includes silence, as well as a few more new things.

http://rapidshare.de/files/19702976/F-ZERO_X.rar.html

im going to be a bit slower in the next few weeks, as my exams are comming up, and i realy want to get over 60% in each subject so that i can do the masters degree.

link also now on firstpage as well

Last edited:

Shades

I just got a chance to sit down and play this and I'm really impressed - it's one of the most professional retextures. Keep going, man, keep going!

Fusiodine

N64 Texture Designer
I wish you the best of luck on those exams that is if you didn't already take them.Oh and great job on the pack and keep up the good work.

OP
speile

speile

Currently ***ding FZX
yep exams still going on, ive got a week break before my next exam atm, so im doing a small amount of retexturing, I was going to do big blue, but i changed the wrong texture, so im now retexturing the Sector alpha/beta instead. Ive also decided i dont like the tunnels i did so im going to redo all of them in a different style because the same tunnel is used in multiple locations.

Oh and im pretty proud of this, but i was told to resubmit my course work for CAD, as i was told it didnt work, but when i resubmitted, the lecturer said the real reason he wanted me to re submit was because he thought i cheated, ie stole someones from the internet, (which i didnt) . He thought my work was too professional to be my own work. lol. Go my CAD skills...

So from now on as im using some of my cad modeling skills on this project and my lecturer thinks my skills are of a professional standard, Im now charging for the use of my pack...hmm lets see... well on turbo squid a foot costs $15 and custom textures were $1, in total i have made erm a lot of custom textures and although i havent used a foot, i have a full (home made) 3d mesh of a human i can use somewhere, and tons of buildings used...

hmm... so about erm... $50 should do it, or $200 and ill throw in the meshes.
Buy now and dont pay a thing until june 2007. (offer for new customers only)

just kidding...

i might report back tomorow with new screens!!!

Last edited:

Fusiodine

N64 Texture Designer
Hey speile i've got kind of a serious problem here. I know where to put the files in all but when i go to load them they won't. NOTE: I checked the files to see if they were the same names, for example do you know the n64 large screenshot, i compared the file name of one i downloaded to the original in the texture dump folder and it was completely different meaning the game won't load it and it also won't recognize it. My only option is to get a new rom file or change all the file names, " i don't think i'm going to be just rushing into that folder to change the names of 4,000+ files", can you please post the exact file name for your version of f-zero that you are running, for example i'am running F-Zero X (U) [h1].v64 . Please Reply, Thanks.:happy:

p.s. I love your textures and i admire your skills they are probably the best i've seen in a long time, Great Job and good luck making more.:drool: