What's new

Transfer Pak solution (Pokemon)

SeymourOmnis

I don't know if it has happened to you, but when I try to load my Pokemon Yellow or Gold rom to nrage's transfer pack in pokemon stadium/2 it doesn't recognize the save file.

It is fixed when I load my Pokemon Yellow's save and a Pokemon Red or blue rom, but I haven't found a fix to gold yet.

Does this happen to you?

ANDROID

Got exactly the same problem. Using Nrages direct plugin v1.83 and tested Crystal, Blue and Yellow ROMS and SAV files. In result, Crystal and Blue works perfectly but the Yellow one doesnt: it looks like plugin (or game) recognizes the ROM but not the SAV :( Any idea?

ANDROID

Hey buddy, I finally made it!!! :party: :party: :party: So how to make it work? It is easy! Combinate PKMN Yellow SAV file with PKMN BLUE ROM (gb) game! PKMN Stadium will recongize there is PKMN Blue Game in your TransferPak, but there will be your PKMNYellow Pokémons... I tested it in Pokémon Stadium 1 and 2; it works perfectly.

SAVe file saved by Pokémon Stadium (using PKMNBlue ROM) was then normally playable on Visual Boy Advance emulator with using PKMNYellow ROM, however I advise you to backup your SAVe state before combinating Blue RoM with Yellow SaV.

Hope it will help you! Thanks to nrage for such a perfect plugin!
:matrix: :project64:

Last edited:

squall_leonhart

The Great Gunblade Wielder
especially since blue and yellow are programmed differently. what with pikarat following you an all.

still. i've never had an issue.

make sure your using Visual Boy advance.

those saves always work for me.

ywq

Hello everybody. I have the same problem with my Crystal game. When I select the rom and the save file, the game recognizes the rom but not the save file. Is there a way to solve it?

Ekliptor

Are there any news about using the transfer pack with pokemon stadium 1?? I want to play pokemon stadium with my pokemons from blue, red or yellow edition, but pokemon stadium never recognizes the save games! I'm using Project64 v1.6 and N-Rage v1.83. Which versions do you use? Do you have any idea what I could do to play pokemon stadium with my own pokemons?

Tanks,
Ekliptor

Agozer

16-bit Corpse | Moderator
Read my previous post. To my understanding, no other input plugin has Transfer Pak support. I could be wrong though.

squall_leonhart

no you are right Agozer.

but i don't know why the people get problems?

i have always been abl e to get Blue saves working with blue,
yellow with yellow
red with red. etc.

i've always used VBA though, so thats probably why...

Milo-

I have useless information
i also have a problem with my pokemon yellow rom, when the game starts, it looks like it recognizes my rom, but it says "Warp to the present time" and my ID doesnt shows, what am i doing wrong?

squall_leonhart

in some cases saving in a pokemon center helps.

also.

in other cases.. redownloading the .gb file (the english version) helps.

Milo-

I have useless information
I did all that, i have the english version of yellow and i recently downloaded the rom twice from different times, also i have been using VBA for ages, but i think i know a possible workaround but i cant test it as i have not my main PC with me right now so i havent any ROMs to test.

can someone please try different tipes of saves?

i will do it tomorrow if noone does, because i think this may be because i played pokemon emerald before starting to play other pokemon games again, and i think i messed up the save types.

Ekliptor

Read my previous post.
I have red every post in this thread;)

But I finally solved my problem very easily. I tried an older version of N-Rage plugin. Now I don't use N-Rage v1.83, I use N-Rage v1.82a. Now I can say the same as squall_leonhart:
i have always been abl e to get Blue saves working with blue,
yellow with yellow
red with red. etc.

squall_leonhart

actually, i don't think i've tried it on 1.83.. lemme go try now.

good find, i'll forward that onto the guy whos making the nrage 2.0 plugin

Last edited: