What's new

N64 EyeToy – Play Project 64 with a webcam

jackgames

http://physicam.com
There is a free program called Camtroller that lets you control other video games using a web cam. You can set up different configurations for different games. Use this with the Project 64 keyboard plugin and it can become an EyeToy for Project 64. You can technically use it with any N64 game with varying levels of success, but it seems to lend itself well to behind the player games like Super Mario 64 and Zelda.

Miretank

Lurking
Physicam's Author said:
This is me, or at least was, about a month into the development of Physicam. It was the summer of 2003. I weighed 272 pounds, and looked it. I wasn’t having health troubles per se, I didn’t have trouble breathing after a little activity or anything like that; but I was still a disgusting fatbody.

The development of Physicam into its final form today was an evolutionary process. One side effect of creating a game technology that required physical motion was that playing it and testing it forced me to become fit. Yes, I lost 90 pounds playing Video Games; and I hope that Physicam can help many people do the same.

I started the project back in 2002, before this type of technology had been seen in the general consumer market. Being a disciple from the Nintendo concepts of game design, I think I have always thought simple games presented in new ways can have mass appeal. I think my concept behind Physicam was “it would be a completely new and fun experience to play Punch-Out using your fists to punch and body to dodge.”
LMAO :D

Danny

Programmer | Moderator
it might be good for 1 or 2 games but i think it would be wierd playing zelda or mario with it.

OP
J

jackgames

Depends on your expectations. Obviously Super Mario 64 was not made to be played with a web cam, and so don’t expect to play it in the same way (with the same level of skill). Can you play Zelda 64 and go through the entire game and beat Gannon? Not without a lot of re-learning and re-trying. Can you easily have fun running around Hyrule and whacking some enemies with your sword? Yes.
Behind the player games seem to be the most logical. (Mario 64, Zelda 64, Goldeneye, etc.)