What's new

Dualis news :O

Evrain

The Forbidden One
Probably, to full extent.
I'm not exactly fazed or anything, since that's Lino's worry :D Yet, I regret it as I'd prefer it not to run successful titles such as MKDS and Nintendogs. That would be warez, not emulation.
Evrain

OP
ninja1

ninja1

like i said, only time will tell how far the emulation for commercial roms will go, he might just have released the pic to show his emu is able to run commercial dumps...

and he might lock the emu to do so, but i for one hope it is able to run mario 64 nds :(, i wanna play those stupid minigames whitout those annoying graph bugs and 20 mins of trying to get in cus i still havent figured out exactly how to do so :p

WhiteX

Let me ask you guys one thing...
I am not keeping up with the DS emu scene but why do i read more and more frequently that ppl are or intend to lock DS emulators to play commercial games?
PJ 64 and almost all the emulators supported here play commercial games and we as a community only have to deal with some warez kids once in a while wit their usual questions, smth serious happened on the DS front that would ask for such measure?

takas

thats an easy answer: n64 is not being selled any more. whereas Nds is still new and hot. so emulating it could hurt the sales of the handheld and the games.
thats why many ppl are against emulating it too early.

you dont want to bite the hand that feeds you?

spotanjo3

takas:

Correction but look at psx emu a long time ago. It was hurt the sales ? Not really.

But I do not want this emu to be playable with mario and nintendogs and metroid but everything else is fine. Why ?? POPULAR, of course. Anyway, I hope that an author is not going to do with those three but I am sure he isn't however if he did go ahead then there is nothing that we can do.

Last edited:
OP
ninja1

ninja1

ohh i do wonder...isnt meteo's just aint well tetris or did i become mad? (only played heavily graph bugged version :()

edit: i was already mad so... :p

WhiteX

So we should ban Zelda WW from dolphin too.
I fail to see the point in that atittude, of course if a dev does it, it will be his/her problem, its his /her software, but as a emulator user, i really fail to see the point.

spotanjo3

WhiteX said:
So we should ban Zelda WW from dolphin too.
I fail to see the point in that atittude, of course if a dev does it, it will be his/her problem, its his /her software, but as a emulator user, i really fail to see the point.

What do you mean ? I am confused because this thread is about Dualis, isn't it ? :borg:

WhiteX

yes, it is about Dualis and now for the whole DS emulation scene.

What i stated is that i fail to understand why a popular game, even if fully supported, should be locked out of playability on an emulator.

Not the merit of the coder to do so, he/she has every right, but why?

Have we finally came down to this, having lamers and warez kids so frequent and annoying that we are forced to ban game X or game Y of playability on an emulator?

So i said, that locking Mario Kart DS from playing on a DS emu is the same of locking Zelda WW on an NGC one.

I know that coders do it for the thrill of it and the homebrew scene can profit over an working emu for the sake of time saving and debug, but let´s once be honest, the way bigger majority of us use emulators to play games for free, whether for nostalgia or for being lame warez kids, most of us use it to play, not to develop but to play.

Point being, if a coder feels that the amount of warez related requests gets overwhelming, please, lock the emu, but not for game X or Y, for all commercial games so you don´t get hypocrit, you know that ppl play games on emus but you don´t want to compromise your work.

spotanjo3

When running the demos from E3 2005 you should generally use the GDI renderer and disable 3D emulation in the video settings. It should also be noted that touchscreen input does not work in those demos at this point.

So I do not need to test it just yet. :p

OP
ninja1

ninja1

nope :p, he releases pretty often so :)there will be a test worthy version soon enough :p

Evrain

The Forbidden One
I'd also add that an emulator's value is not tie to its success in emulating ROMs. It is more of a dev-only program, and I'd say it's fine this way. I praise his decision to not give easy ways of emulating.
Evrain

Danny

Programmer | Moderator
I agree with evrain now. I know most of you will know me in the past for my negative attitude towards IdeaS but after a recent 1 month injury layoff from work (reason below) it's changed my attitude towards life (most importantly) and towards emulation.

During this time off i have visited a lot of different websites. You only have to go as far as afterdawn.com to see what evrain is saying. I would say on average 2 out of every 4 threads is about downloading or making illegal backups of games (Such as renting it and copying games) . I think if the warez clowns or the majority of people who use emulators purely for piracy keep nagging and complaining in forums for emulators to play commercial games it could result in disater, if one coder decides to give in and make comercial Nintendo DS games fully playable on there emulator. Also it will ruin several gaming company's or even gaming itself. Just look at sega, once the dreamcast games were cracked anyone could freeley download any game for it and burn it to a cd or use it on a emulator and play it. I personally think thats what ruined the Dreamcast (sorry for being off topic) also if Nintendo DS emulators are able to play commercial games while the ds is still availible to to buy, it could cripple Nintendo. And would we really want to see that? The kings of consoles being forced to bow down to sony and microsoft and have to make games for there consoles instead like sega have had to do? I think commercial games should be locked out until the Nintendo DS stops being produced.

From earlier the reason i was such a B*****d over the last month or so : my bad attitude towards everyone in this forum last month was due to me not being myself. i had a bad car accident and was very shaken by it. i feel more like myself now so sorry for anyone i upset/offended.

Last edited: