PDA

View Full Version : 1964 INI thread (post here only about ini's!!!)

flow``
December 2nd, 2001, 19:12
I've recieved quite a lot of INI's lately from DSF, executor, noote, and others, and would like for everyone to upload their latest version and description of changes here so i can try to get out a decent post. Or if you want, work together and compile your ini's to make one bigger/more complete one which would be a lot easier to work with.

Thanks, flow``

flow``
December 3rd, 2001, 18:07
/pokes noote, dsf, and exec

post your ini's :P

Eddy
December 4th, 2001, 02:59
Well im doing my ini, real cool too :-) adds alot of entires, and tweaks alot of the settings already there. Its gonna be good, hopefully

DSF
December 4th, 2001, 03:37
Originally posted by flow``
/pokes noote, dsf, and exec

post your ini's :P

Take it
new ini by by DSF, NooTe, 3x3cUt0r, schibo, Rice.
This is v7.0.3

What's new:

should be more fast = this mean that maybe the speed will be the same :(
more speed = ;)
fixed = is working again :)

changes in the ini:
AeroGauge (E) [!] - should be more fast
AeroGauge (J) (V1.1) [!] - should be more fast
AeroGauge (U) [!] - should be more fast
Airboarder 64 (E) [!] - should be more fast
Alice no Wakuwaku Trump World (J) [!] - more speed
Automobili Lamborghini (U) [!] - should be more fast
Banjo-Kazooie (E) [!] - should be more fast
Banjo-Kazooie (U) [!] - should be more fast
Beetle Adventure Racing! (E) [!] (was working toooo fast)
BattleTanx (U) [!] - Fixed - more speed :)
BattleTanx - Global Assault (E) [!] - added
BattleTanx - Global Assault (U) [!] - more speed
Body Harvest (E) [!] - now is using dyna with self modify code protected - MORE SPEED!!
Body Harvest (U) [!] - now is using dyna with self modify code protected - MORE SPEED!!
Castlevania - Legacy of Darkness (E) [o1] - Exp. Pack Support
Chameleon Twist (U) [!] - more speed
Command & Conquer (E) [b3] - Exp. Pack Support
Command & Conquer (U) [!] - Exp. Pack Support
Conker's Bad Fur Day (U) [!] - Faster
GoldenEye 007 (U) [!] - too fast... and jerky :(.... FIXED :) ... now is working better :)
NFL Blitz Special Edition - using interpreter - Unplayable due a hang in the game
....some others

many game was using no limit speed, WHY?....well i dont know, then i del all no limit speed entries

-some new comments
-many Bad Roms Comments Added
-corrected some names

For Eddy:
If u have many roms and u want to test them you can join our team.

Eddy
December 4th, 2001, 04:10
well dsf, i kind of wanted to at first, but its about 4 people doing 1 ini! and ideas get tangled up too easily, i think ill do this as the unofficial version or something. So no thanks, guess that idea faded out my head in time.

Eddy
December 4th, 2001, 04:11
btw very good updates.

DSF
December 4th, 2001, 04:29
Originally posted by Eddy
well dsf, i kind of wanted to at first, but its about 4 people doing 1 ini! and ideas get tangled up too easily, i think ill do this as the unofficial version or something. So no thanks, guess that idea faded out my head in time.
come'on

more good people = more much entries.
hey skbloke88 wanna join the team?

flow``
December 4th, 2001, 17:42
DSF, is this the INI released w/ 1964 0.7.1 or a new one or an addition to the one in the 0.7.1 zip? (i havent checked it out yet)

sk8bloke22
December 4th, 2001, 19:03
cheers for the offer...but tell the truth i cant be arsed ;)

ill just update my compatability list, seems to be popular, and of course ill give any info u need, dunno how many roms u guys hav, as i havent got that many (around 150) . good ini. many games seem to be working better; a mix effort between u guys and the 1964 team - this new version is wat 0.7 should hav been released as, it seems pretty much bug free. i dont think im gonna do much testing until pj64 1.4 comes, so i can use the next jabo d3d plugin. until then i might just update a few more games that work, mainly as a result of less crackly sound, so ppl dont get confused.

sorry about being too lazy...

Rice
December 4th, 2001, 19:45
sk8

0.7.1 does not improve compatibility, but like a patch or bug fix release. And there is actually not much space left for compatibility to continuous improve.

sk8bloke22
December 4th, 2001, 19:55
so its basically waiting for jabos 1.4 then...

but there a few games that crash on the core or dont hav sound, not these are necessary good games....although ridge racer included.

but u right, most games are pretty much fully playable, which is very good :D

Rice
December 4th, 2001, 19:58
As I remember, only 1080 should have sound but 1964 does not have, this is a problem, not necessary a bug, but a timing issue.

Can someone make a list of games that 1964 core crashes? (not video plugin crashes)

Rice
December 4th, 2001, 20:01
And Jabo 1.4b2 is very good, has fixed a few crashing problems, and it is even able to support games like G.L. and Centre Court Tennis.

So just be waiting for it.

flow``
December 5th, 2001, 00:52
i think the problem (or if there is one?) is which plugin was used for x game.. jabo's 1.3, 1.4 dx6 and dx7 (for beta 1 or 2?)..

just might confuse some ppl i guess

pj64er
December 5th, 2001, 02:23
somebody plz add Custom Robo (J) [!] to the ini, it is very playable!:)

There are only minor gfx errors and it is bloody quick. ;)

keep up the good work!:cool:

pj64er
December 5th, 2001, 02:23
oh and add that game to the compat list!:D

DSF
December 5th, 2001, 04:27
Originally posted by flow``
DSF, is this the INI released w/ 1964 0.7.1 or a new one or an addition to the one in the 0.7.1 zip? (i havent checked it out yet)
the ini is included in 1964 v0.7.1

Originally posted by pj64er

somebody plz add Custom Robo (J) [!] to the ini, it is very playable!

There are only minor gfx errors and it is bloody quick.

keep up the good work!

Ok. go to your ini and copy the settings including the rom header and the crcs and post them here.

pj64er
December 5th, 2001, 21:37
ok, custom robo:

[83CB0B87-7E325457-C:4A]
Game Name= Custom Robo
Comments=Playable

doesnt seem to need any special settings... :cool:

hope this is helpful!:)

pj64er
December 5th, 2001, 21:40
oh and give fzerox expansion pak, it always ask for it in the title screen???

Rice
December 5th, 2001, 21:46
Fzero does not work if using expansion pak, this is a weird bug.

DSF
December 5th, 2001, 21:47
OK, thanx. If u have games that don't have any description poste'em here (like Custom robo)

pj64er
December 5th, 2001, 22:43
fzero does work w/ exp pak:)
i tried it just now

maybe because i hav a bad rom?:D

sk8bloke22
December 5th, 2001, 23:44
yeh cheers. i hav custom robo v2, and that works fine (if u can read japanese). there arent many games that crash on the core out of what i hav.

lemme get a quick list:

Banjo-Tooie (E) [!]
Dark Rift (U) [!]
G.A.S.P! Fighter's NEXTream (E) [!]
Gauntlant Legends (U) [!]
GT64 (U) [!]
Resident Evil 2 (U) [!]
Star Wars - Rogue Squadron (U) [!] - i think this could be a jabo plugin error, sorry if it is...

Also turok crashes using Azimar's 0.30 Old Driver, but doesnt on REV2.2 . dunno if that core or plugin related, most probably plugin related.

3x3cUt0r
December 5th, 2001, 23:47
here is the new ini 0.7.4

changes in the ini:
Conker's Bad Fur Day - was working too fast and jerky now is working better
Yoshi's Story (E) [!] - now is almost playable (need better gfx support)
Rayman 2 - The Great Escape - exp.pack support
Knife Edge - Nose Gunner - work better in interpreter in dyna is too fast, now you can control the aim
World is Not Enough, The (U) [!] - exp.pack support
GoldenEye 007 - is working in the corect speed
F-Cup Maniax (J) [!] - no more gfx problems (fpu hack: no) :)
Hybrid Heaven (U) [!] - exp.pack support - was working too fast now is working better

and much more :1964:

3x3cUt0r
December 5th, 2001, 23:49
upps... the file :P

zeus
December 6th, 2001, 00:04
Iīm not sure about this but you might want to change the comment for Diddy Kong Racing (U) [!], it has a reference to a gfx plugin yet to be publically released.

Rice
December 6th, 2001, 00:08
I am not complaining, but who is controlling the version number of INI, or we just release a new version and increase the version number automatically?

Some comments and suggestion:
expansion is not always good thing to turn on. And games are usually running faster with it off, so we probably need a better idea to have it on or off. For example, it must be on for zelda2, but it is totally unnecessary for Mario64.

flow``
December 6th, 2001, 00:53
me thinks rice needs to get this INI thing under control =p

pj64er
December 6th, 2001, 01:35
Originally posted by Rice
I am not complaining, but who is controlling the version number of INI, or we just release a new version and increase the version number automatically?

Some comments and suggestion:
expansion is not always good thing to turn on. And games are usually running faster with it off, so we probably need a better idea to have it on or off. For example, it must be on for zelda2, but it is totally unnecessary for Mario64.

arent u the ultimate authority concerning versions? ???

about the expansion, thanks for the reply. I just got annoyed at fzerox's flashing message telling me to insert it:angry:

Tesla-Guy
December 6th, 2001, 13:06
lol @ rice. why don't you tell them to change it to 1964 v0.7.1.4?

pj64er
December 6th, 2001, 21:35
oh, i made a mistake, custom robo's game name has no capitals its :

Game Name= custom robo

i thought i was suppose to put the alternate name there:blush:

sk8bloke22
December 7th, 2001, 17:02
im liking the new ini. havent actually played any games yet. but it now has notes for nearly all my roms.

Eddy
December 7th, 2001, 17:18
DSF, i changed my mind, after seeing the entries of you guy's ini, its about a 5kb difference, so yours has more entries, i want to help. I have about 1/5 of my roms without entries in you guy's ini, 1/5 is about 25 roms or maybe more, about 50, so let me know, and some comments need correction, alot of the games that say playable, arent.

DSF
December 7th, 2001, 17:58
Originally posted by Eddy
DSF, i changed my mind, after seeing the entries of you guy's ini, its about a 5kb difference, so yours has more entries, i want to help. I have about 1/5 of my roms without entries in you guy's ini, 1/5 is about 25 roms or maybe more, about 50, so let me know, and some comments need correction, alot of the games that say playable, arent.
so u're welcome , talk with 3x3cutor :)

Eddy
December 7th, 2001, 22:30
ok then 3x3 what the deal? you want me in (no ****) ?

Quvack
December 8th, 2001, 02:34
ok I'm a bit late in mentioning this but earlier people were talking about F-Zero not working properly with exp pack enabled... I know that when Azimer and Dominator got to a stage of looking at trying to get F-Zero running properly (in Apollo and SupraHLE respectively).. they found that F-Zero checks for the presence of a 64DD, because the 64DD has a disk with an F-Zero Addon on it, bringing more levels, etc... and this is what seems to mess up the normal expansion pack support when it comes to emulating this game.... well thats my crapping on for the day :) enjoy

little_dogus1
January 9th, 2002, 16:41
here is my contribution, it only adds sk8blocke22s sound + graphics comments,+some of my own, but i think it is worthwile to upload. b

btw can i join the team, can i can i can i;)

oh and i have 66 roms

little_dogus1
January 19th, 2002, 04:28
I asked you guys a while back if i could join the ini team... and i a response, i replied to it, and now im getting the silent treatment. was it something that i said? let me know, thanx.

crhylove
January 19th, 2002, 23:38
i don't know how to properly submit ini info or whatever.....

but here's my additions to the diff ini's i've got.

south park rally almost playable 32bit core yes (no sound test)
supercross almost playable 32bit yes
world cup 98 almost playable minor gfx issues 32 bit yes
super bowling not playable crashes
nfl blitz 2000 playable 32 bit yes
blues brothers 2000 playable 32 bit yes
center court tennis (e) playable 32 bit yes
f1 racing championship (e) playable 32 bit yes

Of course anyone with discrepencies is welcome to post them, i have kinda crappy equipment. :devil:

much love!

rhy

k-6 III ati xpert 128 jabo 1.4 d3d no sound 1964 .7.3 all roms (u) unless otherwise noted. all romz goodn checked.

Engeljaeger
January 26th, 2002, 23:48
OK...maybe Iīm just a stupid newbie...but I just canīt figure out, which ini is the best one...or are they just building up, so that it all started from the first posted one...???
:blush: ???

Engeljaeger
January 26th, 2002, 23:49
Oopsa...that was the wrong title I think :blush:
Sorry folks

hellknight
January 27th, 2002, 00:40
^_^

Engeljaeger
February 6th, 2002, 02:35
Uuuuhmm...will anybody ever give me an answer? :blush: :hrm:

Engeljaeger
February 15th, 2002, 16:00
Uuuuuuuuhhhm....is this thread dead or something? ???

Engeljaeger
February 16th, 2002, 01:59
Wuaaaaaaaaaaa!!! :ohoh:
Theyīre all dead!!!! :( Iīm the only one left!!! :(
Iīm just talkinī to myself because there ainīt noone to talk to!!! :(
Armageddon has come!!! :cry:
Satan will kick our slavery-asses in hell!!! :ohoh:
Itīs all over!!!!!!!

Isnīt it? :plain:

;)

crhylove
February 16th, 2002, 15:49
Is basically a catastrophe, as near as i can figure... there has been no official ini released since .72 on emulation64, and so many games work that are not listed in that ini that it is a huge tragedy i think for the overall project...

well, here's my ini that i basically scrapped together for a real crappy machine i emu on....

:devil:

Engeljaeger
February 16th, 2002, 16:03
Hey...Iīm not the only one left...
Thx...Iīm going to try out your ini imediately :D