What's new

Increase Rumble

rprsplitter9

Hi, I am using a Logitech Rumblepad 2 controller and am using the latest N-Rage plugin. I've got the rumble intensity up all the way but it still doesn't feel as strong as a real N64, and I know the controller can have a stronger rumble than that because of other games I've played with it. Is there some Windows setting that I could change to make it stronger?
Thanks

eccentricity

rprsplitter9 said:
Hi, I am using a Logitech Rumblepad 2 controller and am using the latest N-Rage plugin. I've got the rumble intensity up all the way but it still doesn't feel as strong as a real N64, and I know the controller can have a stronger rumble than that because of other games I've played with it. Is there some Windows setting that I could change to make it stronger?
Thanks

Funny that you bring this up..
I have a Logitech rumblepad 2 and a Cordless rumblepad 2

The rumble strength of the standard is far greater than the cordless which I suppose is because the cordless uses batteries and they scaled down the motors to compensate to make battery life longer.

I have rumble strength turned up to 100% in n-rage plugin and 150% in Logitech's control panel and I'm still not satisfied. It still feels relatively weak in my opinion. I wish there was a program or a hack to increase it even more. I've been googling for such a thing which I'm sure doesn't exist.

I know one thing is that Jabo's Directinput supports rumble but only in a few games with erratic inaccurate timings(most have constant rumble throughout game,,real screwwy). But the thing is that the rumble strength is so much stronger with Jabo versus N-rage except that N-rage supports rumble in all games accurately at the cost of strength.

So I wish two things, one that Jabo would finish the rumble emulation in his plugin in future version of pj64 and another that n-rage would come back to working further on his plugin as well. It makes me rather sad to see such work being done on the emulator itself and perhaps little on 3rd party plugins.

-Ryan:plain:

Last edited:

eccentricity

any help???

Yes, I understand a lot of posts complain about rumble strength and what not. Everyone insists on installing the drivers with the gamepad, increasing to 100% within n-rage, been there done that.

Anyone have any other ideas?

-Ryan

Last edited: