What's new
  • Most issues reported these days stem from users not enabling their emulators to use the required amount of RAM.
    We also tend not to use the search feature but post our issues within the texture pack release page.
    Failure to load a texture pack should not be posted in the release thread unless you have already patched the emulator.

If you don't have the resources to use Large/HD texture packs please do not attempt to do so.
    Users should have a minimum amount of System RAM not less then 4GB's.
    If you have less then 4GB's of RAM do not post about how your emulator crashes,
    RAM is dirt cheap so invest some money into your PC.

I would like to say thanks to squall_leonhart
    for posting this Solution.

blast corps tex pack

shamusmcdougal

just wondering if I could get some feedback on this, its still early stages but wanna know if im heading in the right direction, personally im not sure about the textures on the j-bomb might redo them anyway.

latest scenery textures view..... having trouble with the trees though stupid transparancy......

a251e464.jpg

Last edited:

Im Bored

lol@censors
well I would redo the Jbomb ones like you said you were thinking of doing and hold back on the noise in the texture.

Your grass looks good though man, i would just try and make it tile seamlessly (if thats even possible, though)

I would say definitely carry on, blast corps was an awesome game

OP
S

shamusmcdougal

yeah its possible, you'll always have the same repeated pattern effect when the viewpoint is away from it though.
started redrawing the j-bomb textures now, there isnt all that many for it so wont take to long... unlike the 45 textures for PART of the dumpster thingy lol. **sighs**

Im Bored

lol@censors
yeah I know what you mean, and when you zoom out (or fly above) youll always get a sense of a pattern, ah well. Its inherent in this game, Id just make em seamless.

That sounds like hell with the dumpster (Was it called Backlash?) Still, its a great game. I always thought it looked good, for its age, but can definitely be improved now B)

OP
S

shamusmcdougal

its still nowhere near finished - done 3 vehicles and the first two levels almost completely. but im gonna upload a texture pack possibly tomorow night - just dont moan at the odd texture being out of place im getting to it lol. And yes these textures are quite big so theres a lil slight slow down as its loading, but its worth it - for my first re-texture im quite pleased with myself lol. In the mean time, heres the new " BLAST CORPS: REVISTED " logo lol, and the updated pic of the sky etc.

11111.jpg

2222.jpg

Last edited:

zaffle

i love this game and it's def not a texture set to be sniffed at, so good luck!!!

great work so far, this game is indeed in need of an update =]

Danny

Programmer | Moderator
Really Good work. I always loved this game but i was reluctant to attempt to retexture it. The results are great though. Keep it up.