What's new

Working emu?

Lightbringer_x

Hi,

Is there already a gamecube emu which supports Zelda Wind Waker with playable framerates?

I tried most of them (emus), but it seems, that nothing is working :(

ShizZy

Emulator Developer
Yeah, it's limited right now to beta testers and devs, and no, zelda doesn't run yet, but I wish :p

Danny

Programmer | Moderator
I think seen as Gekko is currently the only Gamecube emulator in active development (Don't know about Dolphin, now there's been a new release) it should be given its own official forum.

Keep up the great work ShizZy and the whole Gekko team!

Danny

Programmer | Moderator
Also ShizZy, have you and your team considered asking F1Res for the dolphin sourcecode?

Mabye you could implement it into Gekko and continue from there and improve it further?

BlueFalcon7

unfortunately, you cant ask for the source code.
But org is still in the army, so no work on the dolwin, I dont know anything about the whinecube, the dolphin is just slow to develop, and the GCemu is probably going go be like HLE64 where it is the fastest, but only one release. So all there really is going is the gekko, so give shizZy all the encouragement...

ShizZy

Emulator Developer
:bouncy: About the Dolphin source code: No, I havn't asked. They'll offer it if they want us to have it. I'm sure it would help a lot.

As for the other emus, I know or9 still works on dolwin, but he doesn't have a lot of time. I believe masken works on whinecube once in a while too.

Anyways, yes, encouragement is awesome. I will say that we don't have any immediate plans to make a release until Gekko is as stable as the other emus, which could take a while. Once that happens, I'm sure a forum will be setup and what not.

BlueFalcon7

ShizZy said:
As for the other emus, I know or9 still works on dolwin, but he doesn't have a lot of time. I believe masken works on whinecube once in a while too.
well what I meant, is that theres not much work on the dolwin, and the whinecube (watch as it ends up better than the dolphin) I havent seen anything on, and havent seen one working game. So the future of GC emulation rests in ShizZy, or9, and FiRES, so to all of you, just have fun and keep it up.

Danny

Programmer | Moderator
I agree. Whinecube could yet become one of the best Gamecube emulators. Keep it up guys.