What's new
  • Most issues reported these days stem from users not enabling their emulators to use the required amount of RAM.
    We also tend not to use the search feature but post our issues within the texture pack release page.
    Failure to load a texture pack should not be posted in the release thread unless you have already patched the emulator.

If you don't have the resources to use Large/HD texture packs please do not attempt to do so.
    Users should have a minimum amount of System RAM not less then 4GB's.
    If you have less then 4GB's of RAM do not post about how your emulator crashes,
    RAM is dirt cheap so invest some money into your PC.

I would like to say thanks to squall_leonhart
    for posting this Solution.

ZELDA OOT - texture issues (SIZE)

Hey ya'll!
I've got an issue with the HiRes textures.
I've been dumping and editing a few textures here and there and ocationally I run up with some textures that doesn't seem to work if I increase the size.
Is there some videosetting or something, causing this problem?
If not, what's the deal with HiRes textures if some of them can't be higher res than normal?
I am using Rice VideoPlug 6.1.1 beta10.
Over and out.

Last edited:

M[u]ddy

If you make your images lager, the new image must be exactly 2, 3 or 4 times bigger than the original one.
Sometime the plugin names the textures wrong( even if some people around here don't believe it). If thats the case use the debug version of rices' plugin for dumping the textures.

OP
magnus_vedin
Thanks, but that's not the problem.
When I've dumped the textures, I check if it's right with the HUE controll in photoshop and display it in the game.
So I have the right textures for sure, but I can't increase the size on some of them, and when I increase the size, it's either 2, 3 or 4 times bigger than original. That's why I figure there might be something wrong with my videoplugin settings.

tailslol

it will be cool to find a retexture tutorial 4 the texture name,size,layer ant format(ready to go for retexturing)