What's new

Cool Idea!

Danny

Programmer | Moderator
attachment.php
What does everyone think of this idea? i think it looks really nice and really finishes of project 64. would anyone be able to implement this idea? does anyone agree?

Crimson Warrior

Just another gamer...
It would either wiegh down on the installer or have to be added to every n64 ROM that you download, and I don't think they would like to put an image for every ROM they know of or start getting ROM distributors to put an image in the files.

Good idea, though if we all had broadband. ;)

OP
Danny

Danny

Programmer | Moderator
is there any way i could do it myself? what would be involved? thanks for your comments, keep them coming in! i like hearing peoples views on this

smcd

You could do it yourself with the previously released source code (version 1.4 i think was the latest they released) if you know how to program ;)

marat569

LoL,
i think that would be imposible, becouse if the rom is compiled with a pik for a emulater then need to pack like 45 diff picks cuz they got a lot off diff emulaters lol.

synch

marat569 said:
LoL,
i think that would be imposible, becouse if the rom is compiled with a pik for a emulater then need to pack like 45 diff picks cuz they got a lot off diff emulaters lol.

Is that really english? Or any language, for that matter ?

Anyways, on topic, I guess you'd want something alike to Dolphin's emulator pictures of every game. The first problem is that these pictures are likely to be illegal for distribution (afaik, in Dolphin they are taken from the .gcm). But as sethmcdoogle said, you could always try implementing in the 1.4 version. Personally I don't care about GUI addons/enhacements, I prefer work being focused on the emulation core.

Clements

This is of course possible since it has already been done with many other emulators and frontends. A good example of the top of my head is FreezeSMS, where you can download information files that contain the box art, walkthroughs, cheats and reviews of the game. The problem with implementing it with PJ64 is that the bandwidth involved in hosting the images would be quite considerable.

flowrent

Well it would work as an option to right click the game in the list and have a "view details " tab ,then a window on the would pop up somewhere with the boxshot and a few details about the game

HybridTension

Essentially like how MAME has game screens? It'd probably clog up the interface a bit too much to be efficient and as good as it is now.