What's new

Bai bai desmume :(

ninja1

i was just doing my usuall round and found this on the site of yopyop :(

DeSmuMe project is over.
You may don’t know but there are a new law in France that could put me in big trouble.
With DeSmuMe, I have closed the doors of game company but I can not offer to pay for it.

The worst thing is that I have found the bad coded instructions.
For those how have download the sources you have to look in sbc, rsbc instructions the Carry flag updating is wrong.
Sorry for the home brew programmers.

yopyop

i for one wasnt expecting this :(, and was rather hoping for a new release when i went to his site :(

Last edited:

Danny

Programmer | Moderator
i cant believe it. my hopes were so high for this emulator. it's a sad day for ds emulation

OP
ninja1

ninja1

the source is/was open,good thing i guess:), and yopyop's forum? thought it got closed o0 unless ya mean the french thread/ thread on gba dev (i think)

i guess one bright thing, dualis 19 got out.... i just wonder if the author locked commercial roms or he just focusing on the other area's of emulaition for the time being (wish i could play that new homebrew rpg game o0, looks soooo good)

http://dualis.1emulation.com/screens/screens.php?page=1 ,2nd picture atm (tales of dagur)

OMG sofar as i can see it works, i suggest that everyone who loves rpg looks up my homebrew list and downloads dualis :), and there is actually sound o0, that sounds like sumthing, almost :p

a 2nd edit:
when mic decides to implement booting coding for commercial nds games this emu will suprise everyone, am sure of that :)

Last edited:

DeathRain99

Today is sad day indeed...

I'm really sad for YipYop, and I'm sure he was never too happy about having to give up on the project.

We still have Lino though, the very talented iDeaS programmer, and I'm sure iDeaS will pull through. =)

spotanjo3

Yeah..but what does it have to do with desmume ? Make a new for Dualis, lol.

But again, I do not care about homebrew like this. :D

Last edited:
OP
ninja1

ninja1

Rockmangames said:
Yeah..but what does it have to do with desmume ? Make a new for Dualis, lol.

But again, I do not care about homebrew like this. :D

shush it :p, but just try it :), if ya like rpg, ya will like this one :p, lots of games (better games as commercial games at that o0) are being made and most if not all are working :) and just wanted to mkae it a less bad day for emulation :(

spotanjo3

I had tried with gba emulator before. Not into homebrew like that. PSP have homebrew like snes roms etc but I do not need it because I am happy with emulators using laptop if I want to play and travel at the same time. ;)