What's new

GCEmu Help

Ichiban

I have trouble with GCEmu. I have an Intel(R) 82845G/GL Graphics Controller. I know it might sound crappy, but it is a good video card. It emulates Dolphin very well with all the shaders and everything. When I load my game, the error message pops up saying, "Missing render-texture extension." I tried all the plugins that was given. Is there something that I am doing wrong?

Trotterwatch

The Intel 82845G/GL doesn't support PS 2.0 (or any version of pixel shaders), so you are out of luck.

I doubt it runs Dolphin with shaders, more likely Dolphin just doesn't tell you it has disabled them.

OP
I

Ichiban

I don't know. Hmmm... I did a test to see if that would happen. So, I loaded a game with Dolphin and before game play I clicked the plugins window to set the shaders to PS 2.0 and loaded the game. The game works well! Then during game play, I clicked the GFX plugins window again. The PS 2.0 shaders were still enabled. yare yare...

OP
I

Ichiban

Can someone help me with a GFX plugin to GCEmu? I can only find plugins for the psx. I am going bonkers over this emulator!!:cat:

Agozer

16-bit Corpse | Moderator
There are no other plugins for GameCube emulators, AFAIK. If there isn't any in the emulator archive or on the homepage....

Well, you can guess I think.

PikaGamer9

CameCube Emulators that runs off of GameCube discs anybody?

I would like to have a GameCube emulator that runs off of the GameCube discs.

Because it is easier than downloading GameCube ROMs or ISOs.

And remember: Got Cube?

Mouser X

Sorry, but PC hardware is unable to read the GC discs, at all. Meaning, if you put the disc in your drive, your PC thinks the drive is empty, with no disc in it. I have not heard anywhere that you can get past this. This is why you download them. The PC simply CANNOT play GC discs, because it can't even acknowledge their existence, let alone read them. Sorry, but what you ask will not happen in the forseeable future, or even beyond. Mouser X over and out.