What's new

Question about frozen screen

gte412f

i was recently playing the legend of zelda and i had been saving and working my way through the game. just like old time. all of the sudden in the middle of dungeon 7 my screen freezes. so i saved the state and restarted jnes. well now it reloads the state but it is still frozen. i was wondering if anyone could help me with this or am i stuck? i really don't want to start all over because i made it so far.

*Anubis*

gte412f said:
i was recently playing the legend of zelda and i had been saving and working my way through the game. just like old time. all of the sudden in the middle of dungeon 7 my screen freezes. so i saved the state and restarted jnes. well now it reloads the state but it is still frozen. i was wondering if anyone could help me with this or am i stuck? i really don't want to start all over because i made it so far.

You mentioned that you have been saving. Can you explain what do you mean. Legen of Zelda had it's own save, so if you used it, you still might be able to start near where your game got corrupted.

Do you have more save states, or only one? Good practice is to change it from time to time, so you can replay different levels again, if needed. This saved me rescently while playing Lionheart (Amiga - WinUAE emulator) to go back 5-6 levels and complete optional quest and get different ending.

Overall, if you have one save state, then yes, you'll have to replay the whole game from the beginning.

OP
G

gte412f

i couldn't get the zelda save to work so i used the jnes save state. and i only had one state saved. oh well. thanks for the help anyway.

Jabo

Emulator Developer
gte412f said:

Bug reports like this are kind of scary, and really shouldn't happen obviously. Here is some information we would require

> Have you verified the ROM you are running is 'good'/valid
> Can you reproduce this consistently?
> What region is it ? (E,U) and is it running at the appropriate framerate
> Does this happen in older versions of Jnes (you are using the latest 0.6 right?)

Last edited: