What's new

iocontrol / audio cd how i fixed my prob.

corallus

well after aquiring the daytona cdi image every time i tried to run it from the mounted cdi i kept getting the iocontrol error box. i tried converting it to other image files but none seemed to work. other image files appeared as an audio track in the bios screen. i also tried burning the image to a disk with discjuggler but the disk gave the same result (audio cd).
then i tried the following and thank god it did work because i had gone through about 5 different images and about 5 discs too.
use discjuggler and select burn cd and dvd images. then select the original cdi image. after the image has been selected click on the advanced tab and in the suggested format for unrecognised images area select mode 2 from the dropdown box (default is audio). then burn the image to a disk.
the game will now run from the disk or if you wanted you could use alcohol 120% and creat a new image from the disk that will also work with chankast.

this may be basic stuff but ive been trying for days to get this game to run and just couldnt find the answer so hopefully this may help a few others.

Mouser X

You could also try downgrading Daemon Tools to 3.29, as that 's what I've done to get rid of the i/o errors. Hopefully another method can be used to run these things, because 3.29 doesn't recognise as many image formats as I'd like. Oh well. At least it does what I got it to do (play Skies of Arcadia). Mouser X over and out.