What's new

possible to run the real game? or does PSO not work

blarghonkhonk

well the topic basicly says it i was wondering if you can run the actually game by using your CDrom drive or if there is some kind of thing i have to do or maybe PSO cant just run with Chankast

btw checked the FAQ for similiar questions and the forums for problems and questions like this but i couldnt find anything

Last edited:

Agozer

16-bit Corpse | Moderator
Normal DVD-ROM drives can't read Dreamcast's GD-ROM discs. If you have a specific drive with a firmware update + a coder's cable and a bunch of tools, you can rip it and make a CD image.

In short, you are better off acquiring the CD image from somewhere, then either buning it to a CD-R or mounting the image using a virtual drive such as Daemon Tools.

OP
B

blarghonkhonk

well i could copy to a CD-R but would that work? because i have a CD copying machine so i could do that and whats this you say about daemon? can you tell me more and do you know where i could find a "CD image" of it (i dont know if asking for CD images would result in being bandded if it is just ignore that

Mouser X

CD images = DC ROMs (well, it's the basic equivilent)

As such, don't go asking for CD images. It's just like asking for ROMs. Also, if you have the original GD-ROM disc, then, as stated above, no PCs/CD-Drives can read them. They're built in such a way that the laser of the drive simply can't move to where the data is stored. Yes, that's not exactly correct, but even if you have a CD copying machine, I see no reason that such a device would successfully copy that disc.

However, if you search the internet (i've used Google with varying degrees of success), you can find DC disc images. These CD images can be mounted with virtual CD emulation programs, such as Daemon. Daemon will mount the CD image file, and then it will make Windows think that there's a CD in your drive (which drive is specified by Daemon). Hopefully that helps? Mouser X over and out.