What's new
  • Most issues reported these days stem from users not enabling their emulators to use the required amount of RAM.
    We also tend not to use the search feature but post our issues within the texture pack release page.
    Failure to load a texture pack should not be posted in the release thread unless you have already patched the emulator.

If you don't have the resources to use Large/HD texture packs please do not attempt to do so.
    Users should have a minimum amount of System RAM not less then 4GB's.
    If you have less then 4GB's of RAM do not post about how your emulator crashes,
    RAM is dirt cheap so invest some money into your PC.

I would like to say thanks to squall_leonhart
    for posting this Solution.

Wave Race: Need advice on an possible to be project.

Been playing around a bit and so far my creativity is still burning, i've hit a snag however, these tend to put out the fire.

I need advice on the rock you see in the attachment, the cliff look ok i guess but the greenery look godawful (not very apparent in that angle perhaps) and i'm clueless on what to do about it since i have little to no expreince on organic textures, any clues? :whistling

Also, ages ago i read something about textures bigger than 4x the size (in the hires zelda thread i believe), what was that about?
It would very much come in handy on this piece of rock ;)

Depending on my flame this might become a project =]

Vanit

Well the grass looks more like palm leaves all over the island imo. Maybe you should shrink the size and see if it looks more like grass?

OP
R

Rurounin

Rawr.
Damn, that advice worked wonders, the old one looked better as a texture but ingame this new one is way better imho :party:

Thanks alot man, any clue on the higher res thingie btw?

Vanit

As far as I know in this current version of the plugin you can't exceed 4x the original texture size.

And I must say that grass looks very good now!

Kerber2k

I think it looks good, but perhaps you should add a mild dropshadow underneath the grass for depth. When I mean mild I mean dont have it soo dark it looks black. Great work, and I hope to see more work from you.

OP
R

Rurounin

Rawr.
Did a quick shadow and brightened the rocks a bit, thanks for the tip, eventhough it does look better i still get the feeling something is wrong/missing.
Did the ramp too, not sure if the whole thing should be scratched or just the middle as it looks now.

OP
R

Rurounin

Rawr.
I too came to realise that there isn't anything wrong with it, so i used it on some other rockwalls aswell :bouncy:

Any suggetions on the window? I can't get it to look quite right, too much reflections looks bad when they tile and just gradients looks a bit plain.

Just the sign, the people, the rider, the sky and alot of tweaking to go on Dolphin Island, that'll have to wait till tomorrow though ;P

And oh yeah, anyone happen to have any rope texture? making by hand is a pain and it dosn't look that very good.

Edit: Changed mountainwall texture. Looked weird/out of place to mix textures from scrath with those based on an image.

...and those palmtrees, anyone know of an better image to base it upon?

Last edited: