What's new

Paper Mario...

F-3582

Sorry, I had to...
Hi. I don't know if anyone else posted this problem, yet:

In some places which seem to have some special lighting, the text boxes become invisible for some strange reason.

This has two effects: You cannot read any status messages or make decisions in field mode and - more fatally - you have to guess what option you just chose in battle mode (plus your HP etc. status becomes invisible, too)! Character and enemy sprites are still visible.

I've encountered three places, so far which give you this problem:

- Shy Guys' Toy Box in the mini-boss room (where you get Watt, afterwards) - you can see a strange quarter corona in the top-left corner, here.
- Lavalava Island in the dark cave - one of the Yoshi kids hides here.
- Lavalava Island when fighting the second form of the Lava Plant - this is where I'm stuck at the moment, because the battle is lots harder than the miniboss battle in ShyGuy Toybox.

I tried Jabo's D3D plugin as well as the latest Glide64 release. Both have the same problem.

AlphaWhelp

Do you have an old version of the emulator? I was running Paper Mario on 1.4 and had the same problem in only one place, however I downloaded 1.6, and all the new plugins that came with it, and the problem was solved.

OP
F-3582

F-3582

Sorry, I had to...
I have the latest Omega drivers and I'm using the most recent version of PJ64...

EDIT: Fixed it. Hardware FB emulation seemed to be the issue.

Last edited: