What's new

Save converting

Rice

Emulator Developer
EEPROM and Mempak saves should be easy to convert, or can be used w/o converting but may need to rename the file.

You can compare the PJ64 save filename and 1964 save filename, and you should be able to find the filename difference and tell how to rename them.

State save files may be convertable if someone like to write a small utility to do it. Since 1964 0.6.4 source code is released and PJ64 state save format is known, someone should be able to do it.

Smiff

Emutalk Member
Rice, any chance that you will use the PJ format? Or is there some extra features etc that you'd rather keep?

Or ill put it the other way, is there anything you want Zilmar adding before he quits? :)

Rice

Emulator Developer
Rice, any chance that you will use the PJ format? Or is there some extra features etc that you'd rather keep?

no, there is nothing special (maybe some, like 1964 save state format version numberl) RE the state save format, just be using different format.

I did try to do it, but did not do it for some other reasons, or just being lazy. Since it is late to do it now, I prefer an external utility because such a external program is fair easy to program.

It will be great if someone likes to do a bigger problem, be able to convert save files among all emus.

Glurak

Ummm where could I get info on the pj64 savestate format? I want to try it ;) however I'm not a very good coder and I have never done something like that before so I can't guarantee anything ;) I probably won't be able to do anything useful but anyway I wanna try ;)

Smiff

Emutalk Member
Glurak said:
Ummm where could I get info on the pj64 savestate format? I want to try it ;) however I'm not a very good coder and I have never done something like that before so I can't guarantee anything ;) I probably won't be able to do anything useful but anyway I wanna try ;)

it's in the Daedalus code

Glurak

k thx :)
I'll take a look when I don't have anything better to do ;) I probably won't get any results but I'll try it ;)

zeus

I think you have found the best solution, an import/export function that supports all bigger emus save formats, i.e import pj64 save or export to Daedalus save. This way there would be no need for a external program. Of course a common standard would be even better but afaik standards have a strange way of rapidly changing and in the future it probaly will.

Last edited: