What's new

Anyone else geting gfx glitches/twitching in Soul Calibur?

muddyfox

Hi.

I would be very grateful if someone will help me with this.

I changed r9600 for Geforce6800 and since then graphic in SC is twitching/tearing...for example, when using kilik it looks like his stick is at two place at the same time:doh::blink: I get the same corruption with other characters...some times even the background twitches a bit (but that does not bother me).

I just wonder if there is a setting to turn on/off as I did not have this when I was using r9600 (I got only menu corruption which is typical for radeon cards).

So the question would be: Is there a setting I should enable/disable under D3d? Has anyone had similar problem?

Thanx a lot for any insight!:cheers:

OP
M

muddyfox

hmmmm...I already did that (forgot to mention). It did not help. Is there any efect of how many prerender frames are set? I have never come to understand that option under vsync.

Agozer

16-bit Corpse | Moderator
Vertical Sync tries to match the refresh rate of the game to that of your monitor's. Needless to say, things aren't necessarily smooth if the game runs at 60Hz max and your monitor is set to 75Hz.

Set your monitor's refresh rate to 60Hz and then try VSync, but that isn't the solution to your problem. VSync only alleviates screen tearing when the screen scrolls. It doesn't make weird graphical glitches (like objects/textures appearing in the wrong places) disappear.

Last edited:
OP
M

muddyfox

I have lcd so my refresh rate is set at 60hz and vsync on...and yes, Agozer you are right. It can not be vsync issue as screen twitches even when there is no movement on the screen.

Am I really the only one with this problem. I also tried diff. drivers and did not see any improvment (I am currently using the latest ver. 81.98. Whql from nvidia).

tfr

vsync doesn't work in windowed application.
the problem is more obvious on lcd because of 60hz "refresh rate".
there's nothing you can do.