What's new
  • Most issues reported these days stem from users not enabling their emulators to use the required amount of RAM.
    We also tend not to use the search feature but post our issues within the texture pack release page.
    Failure to load a texture pack should not be posted in the release thread unless you have already patched the emulator.

If you don't have the resources to use Large/HD texture packs please do not attempt to do so.
    Users should have a minimum amount of System RAM not less then 4GB's.
    If you have less then 4GB's of RAM do not post about how your emulator crashes,
    RAM is dirt cheap so invest some money into your PC.

I would like to say thanks to squall_leonhart
    for posting this Solution.

Website Proposal - HiRes Central: Recruiting Staff

Vanit

Well there has been a lot of concern going around about packs being hard to track down and what not, and newbs having trouble getting started due to a lack of indepth tutorials. And lastly the scene in itself is lacking a bit of a centre point aside from this small board. Hence I've decided to found a website to serve this very purpose: HiRes Central.

If you're interested in helping out and what like to join the staff for this website, and your fall under one or more these requirements, then please post with a request to join.

You have completed, or nearly completed, a HiRes Texture Pack of your own.
You are exceptionally skilled with photoshop.
You are advanced in website coding/design etc (until someone like this comes it will just be hardcoded frontpage stuff)

Also I might need some lesser skilled people to run errands that I don't have time to do myself, so if you're completely useless, I might have a job for a few of you.

If this site lifts off I'll register a domain with a proper setup and all that extra cool stuff.

Also I've considered some people that I would like to invite into the staff, and they can instantly join if they accept.

Listed in no particular order:

Kerber2K - indirectly gave me the idea, as well as a good friend ;)
Djipi
Mollymut
mdtauk

If you're not on here, its because you're not very active on threads aside from your own and I've never really spoken to you, but reply to this thread for a position if you'd like one and fill the above criteria.

Good night, to all!

Last edited:

Blacklord

Banned
I have exeptional skills in photoshop. I can make high definition object but i am underestimated due to my lack of good design ideas. But if i have someone to tell me what to do i can do real well.
I do have basic skill of http and know how to use macromedia dreamweaver MX 6.1 to make basic web pages. www.kes-bl-entertainment.tk is entirely made by me. Haven't posted artwork yet doh.

Last edited:

The Dave

Suffice to say I think theres a good amount of us that are good with photoshop.

I'll help out but one thing I would like to have a big hand in is the userface of the site. I'm crazy about how easy it is for the user to find information, and I think a wiki software that has articles that can be edited be a select few is probably the best way to go.

The problem though is this going to eventually dis-link us from the emutalk forums. If packs have their own pages and downloads then this forum starts to become useless.

skyman8081

Smarter than you.
Mambo, anyone?

Really good CMS/Portal/Frontpage system that is fairly easy to customize to whatever needs you have. I've had some experience with this system and it is fairly robust.

Last edited:
OP
V

Vanit

Keep posting, when I get some time tonight I'll share my thoughts on people so far.

TS_Death_Angel

skyman8081 said:
Mambo, anyone?

Really good CMS/Portal/Frontpage system that is fairly easy to customize to whatever needs you have. I've had some experience with this system and it is fairly robust.
Ah... so we could add our own extensions to this? For ex., a texture pack organiser (Or something similar)?

skyman8081

Smarter than you.
TS_Death_Angel said:
Ah... so we could add our own extensions to this? For ex., a texture pack organiser (Or something similar)?
Yes, that is correct. There are prety of components available for this that can be used for any purpose needed. Such as file repositories, image galleries, forum software, et cetera... It is fairly easy to set up from the backend and is easy to manage.

The Dave

Here's a website I think that should be considered in the feel of the site:
http://shsc.info/ShscWiki

Not exactly that but if you do this I hope the site isn't some fanboy looking thing with a collage of characters/screens at the top of the page and an over-graphical look.

Dr. Soong

awesome idea, i hope to see it soon. :)

I only discovered these projects recently. And I was begining to worry I was too late.

Last edited:

legend of zelda

Just another Zelda fan
Vanit said:
so if you're completely useless, I might have a job for a few of you.
That's me!
But just exactly what kind of site is this going to be? Is it going to be a site just for hosting hi-res texture packs and a help forum for noobs?

OP
V

Vanit

The site will have lots of indepth tutorials written by me designed to make it a piece of cake to enter the scene. There will also be a forum where people can ask individual questions.

Now for addressing people who have replied for positions:

but2002: I like the style of your website and I am considering adding you to the staff.

M Cubed: I wasn't sure if you were applying or not, but your website went a little further than but2002's and I loved the design. You're welcome aboard if you'd like.

Blacklord: Uhh... Well your website isn't really up to par. Post some images of your artwork and you might be able to design a few logos.

The Dave: I'm always looking for innovation. I already have a few ideas, though I might get back to you.

Djipi, Mollymut, Kerber2k: I'd like you to be moderators on the forums for answering newb questions, if you don't mind :).

TS_Death_Angel: If you have any examples of a website you've coded I'd love to see it.

talker: Those are very good websites, but they're more of a blog style and I don't think I'd like that sort of style for this website. Sorry :(.

Did I miss out anyone?