What's new

Feature requests

Prizm

Thanks for JNes, I really like this emulator. Here's a couple feature requests I thought of while playing:

- A fast forward button (assignable to the joystick), just like ZSNES.

- Ability to assign F5 and F7 (Save and Load) to the joystick. I got sick of
getting up from my bed to tap F7 :)

- A 'software stretch' option? So that in full screen mode, the game still looks pixellated. I believe FCEUltra called it Software Stretch. The blur modes kinda spoil the game and remind you that you're using an emulator. I love the old
school pixellation.

- An easier full screen switch button - like ESC.

Thanks for any feedback,
Prizm

naples39

Prizm said:
- A 'software stretch' option? So that in full screen mode, the game still looks pixellated. I believe FCEUltra called it Software Stretch. The blur modes kinda spoil the game and remind you that you're using an emulator. I love the oldschool pixellation.

Strange that you feel that way, because I've always felt the exact opposite. If you play NES games on a real nintendo and a TV the pixels are heavily blurred together. It's when the graphics are pixellated that it looks 'artificial' and obviously emulated.

Last edited:
OP
P

Prizm

Agozer said:
Disable DirectDraw Acceleration and you have your "software stretch".

Disable DirectDraw Acceleration in my Windows/Display settings? Right. Shall I replace my video card with an S3 while I'm at it?

Prizm

Agozer

16-bit Corpse | Moderator
Prizm said:
Disable DirectDraw Acceleration in my Windows/Display settings? Right. Shall I replace my video card with an S3 while I'm at it?

Prizm
Hey, you wanted a solution. Disabling DirectDraw acceleration isn't the same thing as disabling all 3D capabilities -_-;