What's new

Has anyone ripped complete versions of games from the original GDs?

Bursk

I assure everyone that this question isn't piracy-related (well, not in a way that I'm asking where to download games), rather I'm just curious about something. If I'm not mistaken, it is possible to rip the entire GD, is it not? If so, have there been any releases of 'full' games?

I would've thought that, along with all the Echelon etc releases, we'd have seen some proper i.e. perfect, rips of games, if it's possible to do such a thing.

Are perfect rips available, or are the 700MB games the best that's out there at the moment? Once again, I stress that I'm not asking how to get hold of pirated games.

Agozer

16-bit Corpse | Moderator
What you rip from the GD-ROMs is the "full" game, AFAIK. Either there are some dummy data on the GD-ROMs or there is a way to shrink the existing data to fit on a CD-R.

I'd also guess that after ripping the image, some additional work is also required... but I'm not the expert, so what the hell would I know?

tetsuo55

I was wondering the same thing, as the emulators work so well, it would be nice to have a Goodset system for full rips of dreamcast games.

many games had music and videos resampled to make them fit on a cdr, but this isnt necisary for emulation.

i believe the games are simply ripped through the dc itself, much like how gamecube games are ripped

Last edited:

STC-Fan

Dollop.
Yes.http://stc.hacking-cult.org/gd-rom_stuff/

OK, OK, OK, so I've ripped like, 9 games but only gotten 2 working so far (I'm absolutely stumped as to why I get corrupted files in the other 7 or so), but still, it's something. On the other hand, if you have a working DC, grab a coders' cable, the software to rip GD-ROMs over it (it's on CDMediaWorld / GameCopyWorld / WhateverWorld) and also grab some patience / sleep / other activity to do while your games take their time to dump.