What's new
  • Most issues reported these days stem from users not enabling their emulators to use the required amount of RAM.
    We also tend not to use the search feature but post our issues within the texture pack release page.
    Failure to load a texture pack should not be posted in the release thread unless you have already patched the emulator.

If you don't have the resources to use Large/HD texture packs please do not attempt to do so.
    Users should have a minimum amount of System RAM not less then 4GB's.
    If you have less then 4GB's of RAM do not post about how your emulator crashes,
    RAM is dirt cheap so invest some money into your PC.

I would like to say thanks to squall_leonhart
    for posting this Solution.

Sticky all finished projects

Kerber2k

Pehaps it would be easier if the finished projects were stickied to eliminate the need to search through the forum for dead threads. If this idea is accepted by forum admin just sticky Djipis celda, and my mariokart to the forum, and promptly delete this thread from the forum...if idea is not accepted do the same thing.

The_Z

"The_A"
I do not agree with your idea of sticking all completed texture packs. I've always thought that one of the stickied threads: "Link to tutorials, texture packs, ect" had always done the job. But, this is just me.

Weatherton

I agree that there should be some way to differentiate a finished (or atleast in some complete iteration, a project should never truely be "finished," revisions are natural) project. The stickied topic with links to projects does not seem to do the trick.

This may be going too far, but I think there should be sub-sections of this MB for each major game. Things start here and when a game has enough going for it, it gets its own SECTION. In there, completed projects are stickied. Major updates are announced in the main section. This is just one way to address the issue, but I think something needs to be done.

Also, it would be nice if there was a separate thread for comments or something. They really gum up the whole process sometimes, pages and pages of "that's teh pwnage Djipi" does not help the casual visitor, or anyone trying to look over progress, for that matter.

The Dave

I check this forum multiple times a day, so I would volunteer making a new thread, as a good indepth, list of packs (only list of packs), with what game, link to thread, and a percentage of completition. Then how I would update it is author of packs PM me with either details on their new packs or update percentage.

Example of how I would lay it out:

The Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time

Though for the thread I'm not going to scour the forums for information, it would be up to the author to submit the information to me, and information for all fields. I think it would work perfect if it could be stickied and only i could edit the post, with no replies. Just a straight up list.

OP
Kerber2k

Kerber2k

Perhaps a thread controlled with a lock so other people cant post...containing links to other projects.

Weatherton

Kerb, did you miss "The Dave's" post?

Anyway, I like that format Dave, if I can call you Dave. It doesn't completely eliminate the problem I was referring to (still links to a gummed up thread) it does provide a great help/reference for ppl. It just needs to be updated often.

The Dave

Maybe we can offer a link to the file and the thread, so they can just get the file and bypass the thread if they want. And also a "Last Date Updated" field.

Sirmatto

Or maybe we can convince the mods to set up a wiki just for texture replacement projects. On the front page, there would be a list of every texture project. Clicking on a project will take you to a page made just for that project. Most notably on each project page would be a link to the forum page for that project and a link to the download (if possible). Also, for each project, there could be a list of what's done and what's not done (with details even). The beauty of it all is that anyone can edit it, so if The Dave suddenly disappears ;), all hope is not lost. People can add their projects as they are created and show the progress and also list on the main page if a project is dead or on hiatus.

Vanit

Well fortunately my Sin and Punishment pack has gained quite a bit of interest in the game translation scene and I've already been invited onto a team for translating a psx game :D.

But it would be nice if everyone who has finished a pack could get official recognition on a proper list. Perhaps we could make a website that is meant to be the center of the 'n64 retexture scene'? There isn't one yet, so why not.

I'm certainly up for it, is anyone else interested?

xamenus

I agree with this, especially with The Dave's example. I am more or less a newcomer to hi-res projects, so I don't know which projects are finished and which are not.

So someone start a new "Completed Projects" thread. :p