What's new

DeSmuME and iDeaS -- both have two differences..take a look

OP
spotanjo3

spotanjo3

Saq said:
I dont think it would matter, either way, the game should still run properly.

I think it does matter because iDeaS is like a real NDS..maybe DeSmuMe's author will fix it in the future.

Last edited:

sigloiv

Actually, whenever a screen is flipped on DeSmuME, clicking where the button would be on the bottom screen works perfectly fine. :)

OP
spotanjo3

spotanjo3

Yeah..we did know that..just that this is wrong flip, thats all. I am sure when this author's forum open and let him know about it and see what he will say something about it. We will wait and see. :)

proffessor_Gad

I recognized something similar. Take a look-
Ideas:
mdsdown5kd.png

Dsemume:
mdsup4hq.png

Strange.... But hopefully later versions of these emulators will not have this problem. :bouncy:

Ragdoll

More differences

Hmm... Metroid Prime Hunters Demo - First Hunt is playable... well... in a masochist way...

Desmume:
No 3D stuff, but everything else is correct, and low frame rate...
desmume6dv.gif

iDeaS:
Totally glitched, but you can see a few things and try to move.

ideas1am.gif

Low Lines

i tell ya what!! you never really SEE the differences between the two until you have them alongside each other (as with the pics)...but although there may be (sometimes) dramatic differences between them...all it will probably take is one particular effect or renderisation fix/implementation for it to be just like the other.

hmm...has anyone tried to find a game that has the MOST similarities with the two emulators....though I suppose it does go against the subject we are discussing here...I wonder....what would it be??

I think....

Mr. Driller - Drill Spirits

is a good start!! seeing as it is reasonably playable for BOTH emus...:bouncy:

Evrain

The Forbidden One
I'm a bit saddened, when I read these forums. Guys, I think the iDeaS Project is now discontinued. Lino is working as a full time professional developer now, and I highly doubt he will work on the code again...
Evrain

Cyberman

Evrain said:
I'm a bit saddened, when I read these forums. Guys, I think the iDeaS Project is now discontinued. Lino is working as a full time professional developer now, and I highly doubt he will work on the code again...
Evrain
Well that is his choice and more importantly he probably has things he has to do (other than code an emulator), all things do come to an end. Hopefully something good will come of this, I always like too look at change positively, because it will happen no matter what.

Cyb

OP
spotanjo3

spotanjo3

Evrain said:
Evrain

I am sorry to hear that but I hope he will continue on this project in the near future or open source but otherwise, looks like Desmume will be only one alive to do that and also No$GBA author is working on emulating DS as well.

Good luck to LINO for whatever he is doing. :)

Ragdoll

Well... all we can do is wish the best of luck to Lino, and wait for new DeSmuME releases. From what I've once heard from Martin Korth (and what's in nocash's home page) about gba emulation, he's not concerned with commmercial roms. His emus seem intentionaly made to be used as developing tools, so he won't focus in making a certain rom work on the emulator. Although his emus have unique features, like multiboot support, even the newer version of no$gba fails in running certain games.

Low Lines

I don't mean to sound a little light hearted on the subject, but that's brilliant that Lino is a full time professional developer....and I wish him all the best and hope that he makes an impression/change on the regular every day programs (or whatever) we see these days.

This is mainly cos my like desired career is to become a professional programmer, particularily in the games and animation depart, but just doing that sort of stuff is fine with me!!!! lol

Good Luck Lino!!!!:bouncy: