What's new
  • Most issues reported these days stem from users not enabling their emulators to use the required amount of RAM.
    We also tend not to use the search feature but post our issues within the texture pack release page.
    Failure to load a texture pack should not be posted in the release thread unless you have already patched the emulator.

If you don't have the resources to use Large/HD texture packs please do not attempt to do so.
    Users should have a minimum amount of System RAM not less then 4GB's.
    If you have less then 4GB's of RAM do not post about how your emulator crashes,
    RAM is dirt cheap so invest some money into your PC.

I would like to say thanks to squall_leonhart
    for posting this Solution.

Help The Noobs

LandsEnd

How do you edit textures and all that junk in the first place???? can someone just tell me how to in easy to understand terms???

OP
L

LandsEnd

-_- you know what I mean I don't know anything about editing textures soooo help me please

The Dave

Have you made ANY effort to read the material already on this forum? Too many people looking for others to hold their hands.

Vinilipe

Brazillian EmuTalk Member
That's why there is the same guys making retexture projects...
Helping is not difficult...

I supose you know how to dump textures right?
The textures you have to edit are *.png files.
forget the *.bmp ones.
The texture size can be 2x or 4x bigger than the original ONLY.
And if a texture is RGB, you can't change it to Indexed colors (if that's the name in english... you can't convert the image to another kind of image.
Than you just use your imagination and a good program, like photoshop.
Than save your new texture, and place it in a folder with the rom name.
This folder must go to the hires-texture folder in the plugin folder.

OP
L

LandsEnd

The Dave said:
Have you made ANY effort to read the material already on this forum? Too many people looking for others to hold their hands.
no idiot I didn't why do you think I asked for help. I don't understand it because I don't spend all day on the computer and thought this would be a interesting hobby to pick up so I asked for help, but what I didn't realize it that there are so many uptight ass's who wouldn't help their own mom if she was drowning in a hellish ball of fire.

The_Z

"The_A"
I do not see anything complicated with the procedures given in other threads nor do I see anything complicated with my ultra super simple procedures. You enable the dumping option and the textures get dumped into a folder. You the dumped texture in any way you wish as long as it follows the restrictions (given by Vinilipe). You then load it by putting them in another folder and choosing to load them. By the way, there was no need to act like a jerk towards The Dave. I agree with him 100%.

qu3becker

I'm no noob, I'm skilled with photoshop but could'nt see the imported texture (yes, I know what I'm doing is right) but I've seen something about CRC must be exactly like the non edited file, is that right?

I'll try with some other texture than the one I selected in my tight sparetime

(sorry for my english, I talk usually french)

koolkarts

Sexy Beast
LandsEnd said:
no idiot I didn't why do you think I asked for help. I don't understand it because I don't spend all day on the computer and thought this would be a interesting hobby to pick up so I asked for help, but what I didn't realize it that there are so many uptight ass's who wouldn't help their own mom if she was drowning in a hellish ball of fire.
Ooooooooh... Nice diss dude... Extremely good for a n00b!! ;)

Vanit

Dude, if you didn't have time to look it up yourself surely your interest in this can't be too overwhelming. Its pretty easy to follow the guides without asking any questions. Thats what I did.

And insulting people isn't a way to make a good reputation for yourself.

Mollymutt

LandsEnd said:
If you don't have time to search for the answer to your answer, then how the hell are you going to have time to do any retexturing? It's good to have new faces around here doing work, but loose the attitude. What are you going to say
when someone dares to critize your work, if you're going to fly off the handle that easily?

Vinilipe

Brazillian EmuTalk Member
maybe we should all stop writting in this thread.
The question has been already answered.
Btw, if u have anymore doubts, take a look at the help threads.
Maybe the answer is there.

Adinsx

LandsEnd said:
no idiot I didn't why do you think I asked for help. I don't understand it because I don't spend all day on the computer and thought this would be a interesting hobby to pick up
How can you know you don't understand it if you haven't even read what the **** you think you won't understand. If you won't put in any effort, then maybe you should find a different hobby. It is you, sir, who is the idiot and not the other forum members.

LandsEnd said:
what I didn't realize it that there are so many uptight ass's who wouldn't help their own mom if she was drowning in a hellish ball of fire.
So does this mean your plight is the same as the person who gave birth to me being in a ball of fire. What the hell are they teaching you!?!

qu3becker

qu3becker said:
I'm no noob, I'm skilled with photoshop but could'nt see the imported texture (yes, I know what I'm doing is right) but I've seen something about CRC must be exactly like the non edited file, is that right?

I'll try with some other texture than the one I selected in my tight sparetime

(sorry for my english, I talk usually french)
help please:(

OP
L

LandsEnd

Mollymutt said:
If you don't have time to search for the answer to your answer, then how the hell are you going to have time to do any retexturing? It's good to have new faces around here doing work, but loose the attitude. What are you going to say
when someone dares to critize your work, if you're going to fly off the handle that easily?

dude If someone criticizes my work I could care less it's just I want to learn first -_- ok welll thanks to some other people who gave me an idea of how to start. I have started my own retexturing project its for the game starfox 64 should have some screens up soon =)