What's new
  • Most issues reported these days stem from users not enabling their emulators to use the required amount of RAM.
    We also tend not to use the search feature but post our issues within the texture pack release page.
    Failure to load a texture pack should not be posted in the release thread unless you have already patched the emulator.

If you don't have the resources to use Large/HD texture packs please do not attempt to do so.
    Users should have a minimum amount of System RAM not less then 4GB's.
    If you have less then 4GB's of RAM do not post about how your emulator crashes,
    RAM is dirt cheap so invest some money into your PC.

I would like to say thanks to squall_leonhart
    for posting this Solution.

Majora's Mask - Certain textures aren't being dumped?

Stu L Tissimus

I dumped the textures in MM after about ten minutes of gameplay. I'm trying to find the HUD buttons (C buttons, A, B, etc) so I can change them around a bit. But I simply can't find them in texture_dump\ZELDA MAJORA'S MASK. Would anybody happen to know if Rice's texture dumper doesn't like doing HUD stuff (which I doubt, since the start screen comes out fine)? Or, would anybody who's been working on Majora's Mask be kind enough to tell me the filenames of the HUD textures?

-Stu

TS_Death_Angel

I don't know the filenames off the top of my head (nor can I be bothered to find them), but the C, B and A buttons are all the same texture. Perhaps that's where you're going wrong?

OP
S

Stu L Tissimus

My, my, you're right! Hah, I'm stupid. :cat: Now, that said... The reason I'm doing this is because I'm playing MM on an Xbox 360 pad. And since the 360 pad only has 4 face buttons, I've got it set up so that:

C-Left = X
C-Down = Y
C-Right = RB
C-Up = LB

And, of course, I also have it set to the C-stick so I can do ocarina things. The problem is, I always tend to mess up which button I should press. So my goal was to change the HUD icons so that they would show the right button on the X360 pad. Do you think there's any way I could do that?

In Z64/MM, do all the C buttons in the HUD have different images for the "arrow" inside them, or does it just take one image and flip it around for the other C buttons? Also, do the different C buttons have different RGB settings?

-Stu