What's new

GeForce 3

TheWizard112

hmmm.....

i went from using my voodoo 3 3000 which sucked ass to my geforce2 32mb, and it has far out performed my voodoo3 on every game i have played and every emulator i have used. i wish i had a gf3

OP
Tesla-Guy

Tesla-Guy

if you change to a better gfx card, the only thing which improves on n64 emulators is 2d gfx speed and faster frame rates at 32bit. If you want real spead improvement then go by another proccesor. My bro has TNT 2 with a pIII @ 866 and get more fps than me in 16-bit mode ???

OP
Tesla-Guy

Tesla-Guy

Eagle said:
That chameleon demo is awesome, Zoltar is pretty good too.
I can't dl Zoltar... on my 56K, and neither could chameleon, it disconnected me... i have it now though... reveals the superpower of a geforce 3

Eagle

aka Alshain
Tesla-Guy said:
if you change to a better gfx card, the only thing which improves on n64 emulators is 2d gfx speed and faster frame rates at 32bit. If you want real spead improvement then go by another proccesor. My bro has TNT 2 with a pIII @ 866 and get more fps than me in 16-bit mode ???

Thats not entirely true, though true in most cases, my 1ghz system had a bottle neck with the TNT2, when I upgraded speed increased a bunch.

Tesla-Guy said:

yeah i reckon that should be in bright red on the first page of any requirements list for emulators...

HUGE PROCESSOR SPEED NEEDED

Only really Jabo's plugins sue some of new graphics cards advanced features, most of the work appears to be done in the CPU

Methodman how does it feel to know i could buy a processor 400mhz slower and half the price of yours and it would kick yow ass in all areas :D:devil:

pj64er said:
not all areas, P4s are better at multimedia...

only in SOME multimedia areas, which are heavily SSE2 enhanced, and even then the 1900 isnt far behind, but in your generic benchies and apps all do better with AMD