What's new

Any ideas to fix a video problem?

Liquid

Ok since I am suppose to give the Specs: are nothing amazing Pentium M 1.8 1 gig ram the intel graphics accellerator due to my radion PCI express melting, and the display is a standard widescreen tablet display. I would use my desktop but I have to be completely mobile right now and this is the best I can take with me and still meet my needs. (dvd burner and 2 way stylus are helpful too)

When the emu starts, I get a gray screen and a jagged darker grey outline of the dc logo, and an arrow that pops up at the bottom of the scren where the dreamcast name is suppose to be. When I play a game, I get screwed up graphics. like only half the graphics are there, missing layers kinda.

LalaKSlayer

I'm guessing that your video card is not enough or the driver is old. Try upgrading your drivers.

What's the game you were trying to play ? Maybe it doesn't work on Chankast yet.

Agozer

16-bit Corpse | Moderator
A good solution would be to not use an integrated graphics chip for playing games with complex 3D graphics.

Just saying.

maxpowers

481270471_l.jpg

i am having the same problem, the games wont show they look like there missing texture. my laptop is brand new, its a dell inspiron 6000 with a microsoft windows xp home edition service pack 2, intel(r) celeron(r)m, processor 1.30 ghz, and 1 gig of ram, and graphics card intel(R) Graphics Media Accelerator Driver for Mobile. If you know how to solve this i would really appreciate it, thanx in advance

OP
L

Liquid

I can't even get my graphics to look like the ones in the shot above. We just tried this on my sisters computer, with all my files, and even ones we freshly downloaded, she has the same hardware, but she has a brand new Radion with 128 mb of mem. Same results as on mine, and her drivers are brand new, mine are the most upto date for the integrated also. I can't use my radion anymore because it's melted, there gonna replace it though. The games I was playing, I tried chuchu rocket, JSR, and Crazy taxi. I even tried sega swirl. Those are the only games on the dreamcast that I own and am still additcted to enough to wait for a download so I can play them on my comp when I am out. That and maybe later I'll get a backup of my only other favs, MVC2, DOA2, and CVSNK