What's new

iDeaS 1.0.0.7 Compat List

Low Lines

Who would have thought it would come so soon, and I'm very excited to hear that the touchscreen has been fixed. Anyway post games you test here and I'll get to work on an XML, I'll get the online thingo up real soon so people can use/see it.

Evrain

The Forbidden One
Don't get your hopes too high, it's just a brief modification in order to keep up with DSLinux (which is one of Lino's favs).
It will still take some time ;)
Evrain

OP
L

Low Lines

Yes well, the modification seems to have broken some other things...
some games don't boot anymore (Castlevania - Dawn of Sorrow (E)). And there are more games that are crashing now as well.
But who knows, maybe some other games I don't have might run better on it.

Is that site where the homepage on it's default homepage or is it a temporary/backup one??

spotanjo3

Anybody want to test touchscreen with castlevania ? Let me know. I do not feel like to test it myself. ;)

P.S. Evrain, you and your team is doing a good job. Keep up the good works. I applaud you and your team! ;)

Last edited:

DeathRain99

Yaey, there is a God! =P

0088 - Advance Wars - Dual Strike (U) - Black Screen
0012 - Asphalt - Urban GT (U) - Black Screen
0284 - Billiard Action (E) - Black Screen
0276 - Biohazard Deadly Silence (J) - Menus
0292 - Bleach DS - Souten ni Kakeru Unmei (J) - Black Screen
0271 - Devilish (E) - In game... perfect? It never crashed after like 10 minutes of testing... Could be wrong though, saw no GFX errors.
0269 - Dragon Booster (U) - Menus. Freezes when going into game.
0296 - Greg Hastings' Tournament Paintball MAX'd (U) - Shows logo, then iDeas actually crashes :plain:
0300 - Hippatte! Puzzle Bobble (J) - Ingame. Graphic errors.
0288 - King Kong (E) - Black Screen
0275 - Lost Magic (J) - Black Screen
0216 - Mario and Luigi - Partners in Time (U) - Ingame, still freezes when entering Bowser battle.
0168 - Mario Kart DS (U) -Black Screen
0060 - Meteos (U) - Menus. Says some kind of error, returning to menus when you try to start the gameplay.

Good God this is taking forever. I'll add the rest later.. i got to M...whoo...

All and all, a decent step up in some areas. Some games started that 1.0.0.6 couldn't start up. Keep it up Lino!

Edit - Gah, whatever. I forgot I have no life, so I'll keep going.

0142 - Metroid Prime Pinball (U) - Data error
0048 - Mr Driller Drill Spirit (E) - Ingame, graphic errors
0127 - Phoenix Wright - Ace Attorney (U) - Ingame. Some graphic errors.
0006 - Polarium (U) - Intro, can't get past area where touchscreen is needed.
0285 - Snowboard Kids Party (J) - 3/4 white, 1/4 black screen.
0071 - Tom Clancys Splinter Cell - Chaos Theory (U) - Black screen
0176 - Tony Hawk's American Sk8land (E) - Sticks on a "SAVING" screen.
0112 - Trace Memory (U) - Uhh..the screens take turns flashing white and black..then they do it in sync. Repeats... Uh...yeah... You can't get anywhere though.

Re-Edit -
JayK said:
Sonic Rush - Menus only
Yay, Lino found out how to get the boot working properly. No longer is the boot trick necessary!

Last edited:

spotanjo3

PsyMan said:
Castlevania (E) has the same touchscreen issue as on v1.0.0.6. No changes.

Oh then it is incomplete touchscreen issues. Thanks!

Lino, thats fine..take your time and keep up the good work! ;)

DeathRain99

YAEY FOR SODA!!! It's a good boost of energy.
A few more -

0040 - Egg Monster Heroes(J) - Black Screen
0001 - Electroplankton (J) - OMFG!!! It's wicked seizure-like!!! Then you push buttons and it goes black... THEN MORE SEIZURES!!! It's crazyness. Not playable though.

Edit - One more...for now...

0003 - Yoshi Touch & Go (U) - Hangs on Nintendo logo.

Last edited:

DeathRain99

0143 - Spyro - Shadow Legacy (U) - Gets through intro, freezes on "SPYRO" screen.
0136 - Super Princess Peach (J) - Ingame. (Well, you can get past menus. Ingame is unplayable from what I can see.)

With this and Sonic, it shows that the iDeas team found away past that boot thing for sure. The boot trick = dead now. Super Princess Peach seals the deal.

Evrain

The Forbidden One
I'll have Lino look into the now broken games. It's something quite common, as the emu code is definitely complex.

There is something that bothered us to no end, namely the huge amount of noobs asking for this or that game to be fully emulated: it's a shame he wrote in Italian, else I logged a wonderful chat with some random guy whining that our "shitty emulator" is not capable of running Mario Kart DS, even accusing us of "tricking people with a fake emulator, 'cuz we gotta make MKDS and all those cool gamez work 'cuz we wanna play them and we don't give a f**k about what you want". Oh my, I just couln't stop laughing... and now, thanks to him, the idea of a software lock on such games is quite appealing to me.

If you want a game, buy it, don't bother Evrain, or Evrain will get angry, and if uncle Evrain gets angry he's gonna make you wait a loooooooooong time... :p
Evrain

OP
L

Low Lines

That must really be annoying, and I can't see how anyone can demand such a thing, I mean iDeaS has only been going for what 6 months?? And DeSmuME has been around for about 2 months. Not to mention DualiS, DSEmu and any others that I've missed.
They can't honestly expect perfection in such a short amount of time, Project64 has taken years to get to where it is now and it still has bugs and errors. Besides, I don't think NDS emulation should be rushed too much since the console is only into it's 2nd-3rd year of sales. Though it is amazing to see how fast things are going

spotanjo3

Evrain,

just ignored them and let them whines too much. You do not need to be angry because that's what they want you to do. Just ignored them. ;)

spotanjo3

0304 - Dragon Ball Z: Supersonic Warriors 2 (E) - logo then ingame say "Game Card removed. Please turn POWER off and try again."

Last edited:

K2nsl3r

My highest compliments to Evrain; even playing a mediocre game like Bubble Bobble on a brand new handheld emulator is a great joy! (It works alright.)

It's not about PLAYING the games, though, it's rather the pleasure of turning techs inside out! Good stuff...

spotanjo3

0305 - Unou no Tatsujin - Soukai! Machigai Museum (J) - Intro but touchscreen issues ??

Same as 1.0.0.6

xneoangel

Persona User
Evrain said:
I'll have Lino look into the now broken games. It's something quite common, as the emu code is definitely complex.

There is something that bothered us to no end, namely the huge amount of noobs asking for this or that game to be fully emulated: it's a shame he wrote in Italian, else I logged a wonderful chat with some random guy whining that our "shitty emulator" is not capable of running Mario Kart DS, even accusing us of "tricking people with a fake emulator, 'cuz we gotta make MKDS and all those cool gamez work 'cuz we wanna play them and we don't give a f**k about what you want". Oh my, I just couln't stop laughing... and now, thanks to him, the idea of a software lock on such games is quite appealing to me.

If you want a game, buy it, don't bother Evrain, or Evrain will get angry, and if uncle Evrain gets angry he's gonna make you wait a loooooooooong time... :p
Evrain

Hey Evrain don't get offended by some n00bs, all projects emulator have to face that horde of n00bs that complain about something you do on your free time, don´t let that horde spoil your wonderful project, keep up your good work.

Cheers to the iDeaS team. :party: