What's new

Audio in some games

hedwig

Hey its me or in some roms the audio is having some problems. For example crazy taxy 1 and 2 the music and the voice ingame is cut. Another example in power stone. MY question if is there is something i can do about it. Is ther any plugin for the audio or something that let me improve the quality
thanks for answering
cya

Agozer

16-bit Corpse | Moderator
Chankast doesn't have an audio plugin. So, basically, what you hear is what you get. Sure, there's always the possibility that the CD image you have is corrupt, but that's slim.

OP
H

hedwig

ok thanks for answering, but appart from the plugins is there a probability to improve the sound quality if configure something in my pc? or some soft that makes it sound better?
if the image is corrupt the game should not run at all i think...
thanks

Agozer

16-bit Corpse | Moderator
hedwig said:
but appart from the plugins is there a probability to improve the sound quality if configure something in my pc? or some soft that makes it sound better?
if the image is corrupt the game should not run at all i think...
thanks
I'd say that there isn't, but don't take my word for it. It is extremely rare that you would actually be able to improve sound in an emulator without touching anything in the emulator itself.

So basically, if every other program and emulator sounds just fine, merely tweaking something from your drivers and whatnot won't help. An emulator just emulates the sound, according to instructions found in the game data and in the console itself. In this case, Chankast interprets the instructions poorly.

Last edited:
OP
H

hedwig

ok al clear now thanks for answering.. we will have to wait for a new release... lets say.. 1 year :p