What's new
  • Most issues reported these days stem from users not enabling their emulators to use the required amount of RAM.
    We also tend not to use the search feature but post our issues within the texture pack release page.
    Failure to load a texture pack should not be posted in the release thread unless you have already patched the emulator.

If you don't have the resources to use Large/HD texture packs please do not attempt to do so.
    Users should have a minimum amount of System RAM not less then 4GB's.
    If you have less then 4GB's of RAM do not post about how your emulator crashes,
    RAM is dirt cheap so invest some money into your PC.

I would like to say thanks to squall_leonhart
    for posting this Solution.

Hi-Res textures, the future of Revolution's N64 emu?

Terranigma

I know it's too early to tell, but I'm just asking this for the sake of amusement: Do you think there's a chance your projects can be ported to the Revolution? I'm sure the Rev uses it's own emulator, I don't see why the talented hackers here can't make it work.

Sirmatto

Terranigma said:
I know it's too early to tell, but I'm just asking this for the sake of amusement: Do you think there's a chance your projects can be ported to the Revolution? I'm sure the Rev uses it's own emulator, I don't see why the talented hackers here can't make it work.
Well, first off, the Revolution has to be released...let alone announced, not to mention the fact that Nintendo hasn't said much at all about the console. Then, the console would have to be hacked and documented, then somebody would have to write software for it. So basically, many, many years ahead, if ever.

Clements

It is highly unlikely that it will be done, as

1. An N64 emulator for Revolution (a non-x86 architecture) would have to be written to allow the loading of additional textures. You couldn't hack the official emulator and have it as a download as that would be illegal. Disregarding the law, it is difficult to modify an emulator without the full source.

2. The Revolution will use proprietary discs, so running homebrew could be a problem until a method is worked out.

3. The Revolution has been rumoured to have as little as 128MB of RAM - not a great deal for external textures + Rom Image + Emulator.

Kerber2k

Again there are soo many speculations out there of what the revolution's hardware specs actually are its hard to tell what Nintendo will actually bring out.
You can bet ATI is on the video hardware, and IBM is behind the dual core CPU most likely have around 1.8ghz-2.0ghz power pc....now as many of you know this is plenty of power for nintendo to produce bad ass games. I dont know what Nintendo will use as a gimmick to get us to buy rom files (especially if we bought them the first time around) I seriously doubt it will just be higher resolution\2D filtering because that is already possiable via computer, and would be a mistake to think people will shell out 5-20 bux per rom file when we already bought the game for around that much used, and can emulated on our computers for free with the same glitter if you know what I mean. Perhaps Nintendo will just wow us with their first true online system...personally I think its entirely possiable for Nintendo to release afew graphically altered classics...this would certainly make me want to re-buy a game I already own. $$

Tjalian

How about the chance to go online, play as different characters with different stories and play Duck Hunt, Goldeneye 64 and PD with the Revolution Controller? :p