What's new

Please Please Help Me!!!

Drew Martin

hi, i downloaded chankast and doa2 and mounted the cdi file with daemon tools.
Chankast definetly recognizes the file but when i try to run the game it resets the emulator.
I have read through many forums and iv come to the conclusion that i need a european bios (blue swirl? mines red.) or i need to make the file self bootable.

Can someone please help me? Either respond to this or instant message me
aim=grungeisdead127 xfire=grungeisdead127

Agozer

16-bit Corpse | Moderator
Uh, this is a message board. We help out here and not over instant messaging programs unless its absolutely necessary.

What exactly do you mean by resetting the emulator? Does Chankast show the DC log o and then shows it again... or what?

OP
D

Drew Martin

Chankast starts up with the logo, then asks me to set the date and time, then proceeds to the menu where you can select game, music, settings and memory card. If i select game it goes black for a second then starts completley over,
logo, date and time, menu.

Agozer

You need to find a fixed Dc_flash.bin. It seems that no DC emulator can create this file (it stores the BIOS settings) properly.

OP
D

Drew Martin

Ok i changed the dc_flash.bin file and now when i start it up there is a blue swirl followed by a sega screen, then chankast goes black and freezes.....i made more progress with the last flash file, any ideas?

ja_master

maybe you can download the dc_bios.bin and dc_flash.bin (american, japanese, or european) and overwrite the ones that are in your chankast directory.

the same problem happened to me the first time i used chankast

OP
D

Drew Martin

iv changed out the dc flash and dc bios with random ones i was able to find none of which were labeled by region so i dont know if they were american jap or euro. no combination of them worked but i know that when it starts up with a red swirl it goes to the selection screen and then resets when i select game, and the blue one goes to a sega screen then goes black and stops responding.

ja_master

also, make sure that the .bin files aren't with the Read-only attribute

PS: the usa and jap dc_flash.bin has the date of 29-05-2004, meanwhile the european one is from 31-05-2004

compare them with that you downloaded before

OP
D

Drew Martin

whats read only atribute? iv had a bios where when i move it it says its read only but iv also tryed ones that dont do that, nothing works

btw can you instant message me forums are too slow

OP
D

Drew Martin

YES! i got it to work! doa 2 + powerstone the only problem now is that the framerate is really slow, i know my computers good enough to run these games though.
Athlon 64 3200+
Radeon x800gto
512mb ram

OP
D

Drew Martin

YES! i got it to work! doa 2 + powerstone the only problem now is that the framerate is really slow, i know my computers good enough to run these games though.
Athlon 64 3200+
Radeon x800gto
512mb ram

kwfine

Drew Martin said:
hi, i downloaded chankast and doa2 and mounted the cdi file with daemon tools.
Chankast definetly recognizes the file but when i try to run the game it resets the emulator.
I have read through many forums and iv come to the conclusion that i need a european bios (blue swirl? mines red.) or i need to make the file self bootable.

Can someone please help me? Either respond to this or instant message me

Which DT version are you using?

OP
D

Drew Martin

iv used playstation emulators in the past and my friends that used them have had similar problems to this where the emulator either goes super fast or really slow, in my case chankast works but is running likes its in slow motion (not a framerate problem its like its a setting or somthing) can anyone help?

Agozer

Some games run slow. You can try to overclock/underclock the CPU with +/- though.

OP
D

Drew Martin

well does anyone know where i could get a regular running copy of doa2? (or atleast the name of the file/torrent, ntsc doa2 or whatever doesnt work) Becuase i think your right about only some games running slow power stone runs normal.

OP
D

Drew Martin

Also, i know this is a little off subject but does anyone know of any good playstation 2 or xbox emulators? Maybe even gamecube?

Agozer

Drew Martin said:
Also, i know this is a little off subject but does anyone know of any good playstation 2 or xbox emulators? Maybe even gamecube?
PCSX2. XBOX doesn't really have emulators. For GameCube, there's Dolphin, Dolwin and WhineCube.