What's new

Chankast help

gazzy_g

Hello. I downlaoded chankast a while ago, and got Ikaruga image thing with Daemontools and my friend set it all up. It played perfectly. Then I had to reinstall it and since then it hasn't work. Under plugins the CDROM Is CDRom Iinterface aspi and CDROM interface xxx. The input plugins are Input interface by ElSemi, and Input interface xxx. I used the first ones last time he had installed it, but now when I select then I get an error and it says
chankast7xz.jpg

When I set it as xxx it loads with the spiral as red, and then When I try to play I get this :
chankast22xe.jpg

As far as I know on my gamepad I set there is only one button to select which loads that a second time then goes to the 4 icom menu. I cannot do anything to plasy because it loads that again.
What do I do???

Agozer

16-bit Corpse | Moderator
Chankast doesn't create the Dc_flash.bin properly, hence why the BIOS asks you for the time/date over and over again. You need a replacement Dc_flash.bin to get past the problem.

EDIT: Link removed for the time being.

Last edited:
OP
G

gazzy_g

:O Oh my god...If you were here right now you would get the biggest kiss you've ever had! THANKS MATE WOO IKARUGA :D.

PsyMan

Just Another Wacko ;)
dc_flash.bin is part of the Dreamcast BIOS and it's copyrighted by SEGA. That's the second time you post a link to it and you also have it on your website. It's obvious that you misunderstood the origin of the file, so I'll give you the chance to delete all your links and uploads (attachments) to the file. If you fail to do it within the next few minutes I'll be forced to ban you.

Agozer

16-bit Corpse | Moderator
PsyMan said:
dc_flash.bin is part of the Dreamcast BIOS and it's copyrighted by SEGA. That's the second time you post a link to it and you also have it on your website. It's obvious that you misunderstood the origin of the file, so I'll give you the chance to delete all your links and uploads (attachments) to the file. If you fail to do it within the next few minutes I'll be forced to ban you.
I have to disagree. Dc_flash.bin is simply the copy of the settings that the BIOS stores, it is not part of the BIOS per se nor is it copyrighted. Mind you that you can just use Dc_bios.bin and Chankast will work normally , since Chankast creates Dc_flash.bin; you don't need to put it in yourself. Of course, if Chankast does not create the Dc_flash.bin (for some reason) the BIOS would still be functional, it just wouldn't be able to store any of the settings you make.

The problem is that Chankast sometimes fails to create the Dc_flash.bin properly, so you need to put in the file yourself.

In any case, I've removed the link and uploads until I get full confirmation from the EmuTalk admins.

Last edited:

PsyMan

Just Another Wacko ;)
If it was created by the emulator (or another emulator) then it would be ok, but for some reason it isn't (Chankast and other DC emus never create it correctly), so we have to rip it from our own Dremcast. It's copyrighed matterial created by another copyrighted matterial, and normally it would be recreated in conjuction with the bios, but since the only way to do this currently is to rip it from your Dreamcast it should remain like that.

The main reason that I took this decision is not the legal issues, but to avoid futher requests from persons that also need the bios file and will start making questions regarding "our choice" to allow linking to the flash file but not to the bios file. (Yes, it will eventually happen sooner or later)