What's new

n00b in hardware

Blacklord

Banned
I have some questions i wanna ask:
1.What are pixel shaders and what happens when a graphics card doesn't support them?
2.What pixel shaders does the nvidia 5200 support?
3.I have intel extreme grapics for mobile 2 on my laptop and n64 emulation works perfectly, will GC emulation work the same(not as in frame rate).
4.I know
Google is ur friend, the search button is ur friend
but it's way better when a collectivity answers ur questions.

OP
Blacklord

Blacklord

Banned
thx a lot:D
But what about the ATI mobility radeon 9000IGP?(on my nx9100 laptop)
And wow 2.0_a for nvidia 5200? But it's so freaking old... It was the first gfx card to ever have a incorporated cooler.
And what will the image be like in Dolphin if i don't have pixel shaders? I read a FAQ to which u are registered where there was a beta tester with the intel card.

Last edited:

Agozer

16-bit Corpse | Moderator
Blacklord said:
And what will the image be like in Dolphin if i don't have pixel shaders? I read a FAQ to which u are registered where there was a beta tester with the intel card.
I think you can find a relevant picture of ZeldaWW in the Dolphin forum. At least it shows how the game would look if the pixel shader support is corrupt/missing.

OP
Blacklord

Blacklord

Banned
Can u please give me the link? I have searched the dolphin beta 1 pics thread snd did'nt find anything related(searched google too)

OP
Blacklord

Blacklord

Banned
The pic there is not made by the guy with the intel extreme 2. He says that the diffrence isn't that big(can't trust him till i see a pic) So help me out here.

Clements

Blacklord said:
But what about the ATI mobility radeon 9000IGP?(on my nx9100 laptop)

PS1.4

Blacklord said:
And wow 2.0_a for nvidia 5200? But it's so freaking old... It was the first gfx card to ever have a incorporated cooler.

It is not that old, really, Early 2003 - when the FX 5600 and FX 5800 were released - long after the ATi 9500/9700 which already supported PS2.0.

Cards have had coolers for many years before the FX series. The original GeForce had a fan.

Blacklord said:

A lot of the games will show as black and white, and some other such glitches.

OP
Blacklord

Blacklord

Banned
doesen't sound that bad... so how will i emulate GC on my desktop then? I think i posted my specs in the dolphin/problems with ww thread.

Agozer

16-bit Corpse | Moderator
Upgrading, as in buying better hardware, not just updating the drivers of the existing hardware.

Trotterwatch

Blacklord said:
Yeah but Clem said that the FX 5200 came out after radeon 9800 so it's still really good.

An FX 5200 and the words "really good" shouldn't ever be in the same sentence together. It has the features but is horribly crippled so that if it ever tried to use them except for simple things it would slow to a crawl.

General Plot

Britchie Crazy
Trotterwatch said:
An FX 5200 and the words "really good" shouldn't ever be in the same sentence together. It has the features but is horribly crippled so that if it ever tried to use them except for simple things it would slow to a crawl.
As a previous owner of the 5200FX, I can back this statement up.:p It definitely has all the pixel shaders and such, but can't permorm for shit with them.:p

TerraPhantm

An FX5200 is basically a GeForce2 with DX9. Its release date has nothing to do with its performance. Just because the X300 came out after the X800, doesn't mean its faster.