What's new

SDL error on Win XP64

zanonale

Hi, im trying to run the Dolphin 1.0.0.3 at my Win XP64 (RADEON X800) and i always get this error:

AppName: dolphin.exe AppVer: 1.0.0.3 ModName: sdl.dll
ModVer: 1.2.8.0 Offset: 0001a713

Can anyone help me, ty.

Coco

You sure there isn't something wrong with your SDL.dll file? Maybe it's some program you run in the background. Try running it with everything else closed.

I've never had a problem with dolphin and I run win XP pro x64 as well. Although I do use a 7800GT and not an ATI card. So I suppose it could be related to the graphics card. I'm not sure though, sorry I couldn't be of more help.

ChaosCode

dolphin is a 32 bit program. Are you trying to emulate the 32 bit in the 64 bit os? if so I dont think this has ever been done. It might just not work.

Agozer

16-bit Corpse | Moderator
The Windows XP 64-bit Edtion has an abnormal amount of problems with 32-bit applications. I wouldn't be too surprised if some program or an emulator won't work right.

Coco

Ignore both of those guys, they don't know what there talking about. It works perfectly in windows XP 64 bit as does every single other 32 bit program, Agozer clearly hasn't ever used 64bit windows as I've yet to see one 32 bit app not working in 64bit windows unless it was installing its own drivers. The only thing that has issues is 32 bit drivers don't work in 64bit windows and that is not an issue with this emulator at all.

I've used this emulator on more then one x64 windows XP systems and it always works just as well as it does on a 32 bit system.

Clements

It's to do with the nJoy Input plugin. It requires SDL.dll to be in Dolphin's main folder.

ChaosCode

Coco said:
Ignore both of those guys, they don't know what there talking about. It works perfectly in windows XP 64 bit as does every single other 32 bit program, Agozer clearly hasn't ever used 64bit windows as I've yet to see one 32 bit app not working in 64bit windows unless it was installing its own drivers. The only thing that has issues is 32 bit drivers don't work in 64bit windows and that is not an issue with this emulator at all.

I've used this emulator on more then one x64 windows XP systems and it always works just as well as it does on a 32 bit system.

Telling him to Ignore one of the beta testers isnt a good idea. Your right I dont run 64bit windows but telling me I dont know what Im talking about is rude. You should watch how you speak to people. I can tell you this, ur not as smart as you think.

Eagle

aka Alshain
ChaosCode said:
dolphin is a 32 bit program. Are you trying to emulate the 32 bit in the 64 bit os? if so I dont think this has ever been done. It might just not work.

Not true, this is done all the time. In fact the emulator comes with Windows 64, its called WoW64 (Windows on Windows 64 bit). I can run most 32 bit apps on my system, but 32 bit drivers will not run.

Agozer

16-bit Corpse | Moderator
Eagle said:
Not true, this is done all the time. In fact the emulator comes with Windows 64, its called WoW64 (Windows on Windows 64 bit). I can run most 32 bit apps on my system, but 32 bit drivers will not run.
Thanks for the clarification.

Coco

ChaosCode said:
Telling him to Ignore one of the beta testers isnt a good idea. Your right I dont run 64bit windows but telling me I dont know what Im talking about is rude. You should watch how you speak to people. I can tell you this, ur not as smart as you think.

Well you are right, I was a little rude (so I apologize), and I don't claim to know it all. But what you said was mistaken and you didn't know what you were talking about. I was also a little ruder then normal since I had just posted above that with the correct info, and then two people came who don't use x64 and posted contrary information. For someone who is already asking for help it's important to clarify when incorrect info is givin, beta test/developer/ or random person doesn't matter to me.

I do apologize for the rudeness though, I'll make an effort to be more polite in the future.

Last edited:

ChaosCode

Coco said:
Well you are right, I was a little rude (so I apologize), and I don't claim to know it all. But what you said was mistaken and you didn't know what you were talking about. I was also a little ruder then normal since I had just posted above that with the correct info, and then two people came who don't use x64 and posted contrary information. For someone who is already asking for help it's important to clarify when incorrect info is givin, beta test/developer/ or random person doesn't matter to me.

I do apologize for the rudeness though, I'll make an effort to be more polite in the future.

Its ok np, But its the reason I use words like "I think" and "It might" becuase Iv never tried.

LegendOfStern

If you want to use sdl on winxp64, you might want do download a version of sdl for xp64. It would work better than the 32bit one, and could fix problems you might be having. XP64 does have native support for 32bit apps, but it might not be perfect. Also, .dll and .sys files should generally be the same type as the type of the os that you are running (64- or 32-bit).