What's new

What can be viewed from MKDD?

Hosma293

Beta Quest Freak
I'm just wondering what can be viewed other than carts in MKDD. Are the characters and maps viewable?

I just wanted to find out before I start DL'ing the ISO. :bouncy:

SarahHarp

I remember Thakis showing a picture of some race tracks. I personally dont have the iso, but Im willing to assume that most (if not all) geometry is viewable.

MasterPhW

Master of the Emulation Flame
Hosma293 said:
I just wanted to find out before I start DL'ing the ISO. :bouncy:
You little *beep* WAREZ kiddy!
Such guys like you are destroying the image of emulation!
You are long enough a member of this forum, to know, taht it's very easy to make yourself your own GC dumps and know, that it isn't allowed to talk about warez! *angry*

Last edited:
OP
Hosma293

Hosma293

Beta Quest Freak
MasterPhW said:
You are long enough a member of this forum, to know, taht it's very easy to make yourself your own GC dumps and know, that it isn't allowed to talk about warez! *angry*
Ok, firstly, I don't have the equipment needed to rip GC isos.

Secondly, I'd like to know how I'm destroying the image of Emulation. So I DL an iso, so what? I mean sure, people go and DL full versions of progs, but considering I can't play the game, and am only looking at stuff inside it, I'd say I'm really not doing anything wrong. Many people have DL'd isos rather than rip them, why don't you have a go at them?

Thirdly, How I get isos/models/textures is none of your business. So go flame somebody else.

Lightningxce said:
Pretty much every single thing is viewable, save a few menu items.
Thanks my friend! You and SarahHarp gave me the info I was looking for without flaming my butt. Cookies to both of you!! :D

psychodan

Ive taken a good look through but didnt play enough of the game to know whats missing because compared to Mario Kart 64, it was crap. Theres a heckload of Items, All the characters, Alot of enemy npcs, And all the levels. Unlike sunshine, the water is included most of the time.

All of the models are pathetically low polygon to the point where its shameful. I can't really say much for Sunshine either. The best model files I've seen thus far are in Smash Bros Melee with Metroid Prime series coming up second.

DoubleDash uses a few funny formats that Sunshine doesnt. It makes use of cropped images / PNG Transparency or something to the same effect.

If you're going to make them work in standard programs, You'll have to make transparency maps. I keep updating the SZS file format thread with what games are compatable and what games arent.

tio diego

about SSBM...

The best model files I've seen thus far are in Smash Bros Melee with Metroid Prime series coming up second.

do you mean you have seen the models IN the files?:drool:

(I suppose you didn't....but just for being sure ;) )

Last edited:

The_Z

"The_A"
MasterPhW said:
I am willing to bet that you use ROMs, which are also illegal as warez are. And like Hosama said, how is he destroying the image of emulation? Is viewing things in a game really that bad? Then I guess what you did with the Debug ROM was bad too. Lastly, did Hosama, even once in his post, say anything about warez besides saying he was going to download it?

LordAlexG

But, Downloading an iso of a game you have bought isn't ilegal? no? We can make backup images or dl then if we can't make it by our self, no?

The_Z

"The_A"
Contrary to that popular belif, it is still illegal. Think of it like this.
You have a store selling bannanas. I have a bannana from home and I bring it to your store. I then take more of your bannanas because I already have a bannana. (Or if you prefer, think of music downloading) Does this make any sence? No. It is stealing. You are not paying for those ROMs you downloaded from whatever website/p2p program are you? Similar to this is music downloading, which I'm sure everyone knows is illegal. And, according to Nintendo's policy, and I'm sure the same is for other companies, backups are not allowed.

I have over 20 GBs of ROMs and ISOs. I do this, knowing that what I do is an illegal act. I am in no way trying to persuade you to stop downloading ROMs or ISOs. I am simply giving you the facts.

The_Z

"The_A"
It was an example. :| Just put in "CD" in the place of "bannana" and it'll work the same, but it doesn't really matter does it? The point was to explain how ROMs are illegal.

themind

a.k.a. hcs
It cannot be argued that downloading commercial ROMs is not illegal, but it isn't analogous to stealing a physical object, or exchanging a physical object you own with one you don't (which I think was your example, right?)

The_Z

"The_A"
I never said it was in any way. I simply gave the bannana thing as an example because it's both forms of stealing.

OP
Hosma293

Hosma293

Beta Quest Freak
Ok, just so everyone knows, I have the game, and have finished it. I only asked what was viewable, but ok, perhaps what I said about DL'ing the iso was a bad thing to say.

The simple fact is this, I want to view some of the stuff from the game, I have the game but not the equipment to back it up to an ISO, I'm now trying to download it because I can't rip it myself, but considering I own the game, downloading an ISO of it isn't that bad is it? Nintendo have still got their money from me.

I would like to thank The_Z for his comments and for clearing things up.