What's new

Metroid Prime 2 Audio file

hrlslcbr

Hello. I have opened the Metroid Prime 2 gcm and extracted all the files there were in it, but I cannot find one particular 'song'. It is the opening movie's audio (the one that plays during the opening and demos). Anyone knows where it is (inside the gcm of course)?

Cheers.

thakis

The opening movie is one of the .thp files (at least they used .thp in metroid prime 1). .thp is a movie format (think .mpg) which includes video and sound. There's a program that can play thp files (with sound) somewhere on the web.

edit: fixed typo

Last edited:
OP
H

hrlslcbr

Thanks. I already had the THP player, and opened each thp file I found, but none of them have the audio I'm looking for...
(btw thakis, thanks for your excellent programs :) )

SarahHarp

I've listened to all the Audio in MetroidPrime 1 and 2. They are all there. .dsp I believe. However it seems the game stores a couple songs in a differnt file elsewhere (that I havnt located quite yet, But I'm going to assume they are in the sound effects file) For example, Metroid Prime 1 is missing the Title Screen, Main Menu, and credits. For MP2, I couldn't find the Title Screen Music and perhaps a few others.

But Soundtrack audio works, yes, Sound Effects, no.

BlueFalcon7

the audio files in metroid prime are in the audio folder and are .DSP files which can be played with winamp with the in_cube plugin, you can find the plungin in the "audio" thread, as for the sound effects, they are probably somewhere in the .pak files

SarahHarp

Sound effect files are indeed in paks, Im pretty sure they are in the Audio pak. ; ) (As i was looking in the audio files, The contain text saying things like "Audio/Thardus, Audio/Weapons, etc. Once I finish up with the models Im going to move onto the sound files.

OP
H

hrlslcbr

BlueFalcon7 said:
the audio files in metroid prime are in the audio folder and are .DSP files which can be played with winamp with the in_cube plugin, you can find the plungin in the "audio" thread, as for the sound effects, they are probably somewhere in the .pak files
Yes, MOST of the sound files are in the audio folder, but as SarahHarp said, some files are stored somewhere else.
I was asking if anyone knows where they are stored.

SarahHarp

It should've been quite obvious, the name gives it away, but anyway the rest of the files are stored in "AudioGrp.pak"