What's new

errors.....

secretsn90x

i dont even know what the problem is but pj64 is all screwed up for me or its just that im an emulator noob.

first it says graphics error, Direct3d failed to initialize error code :8876017C
D3DERR_OUTOFVIDEOMEMORY

Error
The default or selected video plugin is missing or invalid.
Check that you have at least one compatible plugin file in ur plugin folder

so im guessing i need a better plugin so here are my pc's stats

AMD Athlon XP 1800+
ATI Radeon X700 256mb
384mb ram
Windows XP Pro

and i guess thats all the info ull need reguarding what i should need for using this thing.

Thx in advance

Agozer

16-bit Corpse | Moderator
First, what files are in PJ64's plugin directory?
Second, are you using PJ64 1.6?

Agozer

I have a Radeon 9800 Pro myself and I've never encountered an error like this. Does the emulator even let you check what plugin it is currently using or does it just kick you out of the program?

OP
S

secretsn90x

it lets me check and i semi fixed the problem by getting the newest gln64 plugin but wen im playing zelda oot master quest the widescreen bars that are on the top and bottom of the screen are white instead of black and it looks like it lacks some of the more advanced graphics effects which i dont think should since this vid card can handle half life 2

rockofdeath42

My evil rock will kill you all
I had a problem like this once on my old laptop. Well, sorta. Not really. Anyways, I was using Jabo's D3D8. On Banjo Tooie, I had started a new game, and I was at Glitter Gulch Mine. When I was Mumbo, I was going to the station. Right before I got in the tunnel, I pressed B (button 2 on my controller). You know how Mumbo places his foot in front when he does this? Well, he must have stepped into the invisible wall where he's supposed to go through the tunnel, but since he was attacking, the game froze. I didn't get any error, just the game froze. When I restarted, the graphics were all glitched up and the camera was far away from Banjo--even after going into different levels. I deleted the Save Data manually (going to the Save folder and deleting the data), but even after the big cutscene, the graphics were still glitchy. After I got my new computer, I never had the problem again.

NintendoMaster

I REALLY need help I keep gitting these 3 errors when I open P64 virsion 1.6 I get these two errors (Direct3D failed to initialize Error code 8876086CD3DERR_INVALIDCALL) Then I get (The default or selected video plugin is missing or invalid. Check that you have at least one compatible plugin file in your plugin folder) then P64 opens like normal but when I try to open the Zelda ROM the last Error says(Cannot open Rom because plugins have not successfully initialised) I have the defult plugins it came with Only the Graphics Plugin isnt working

Im using Windows XP Pro I have 64.0 MB of RAM my laptops kind of old but has the latest software

Thanks in advance to who can help

Last edited:

Agozer

What graphics chip does you laptop have? Judging by that error message, either you don't have DirectX8 installed or your chip completely lacks Direct3D support.

NintendoMaster

I got Direct X 8.1 Use 232MHz and have a Intel ll Processor Yeah I know its old but I have to make do of what I have till I get a new laptop But can P64 run on it if not then looks like I will have to wait