What's new

Metroid Prime First Hunt - Hunters (DEMO) (U) Compatibility

LordAlexG

The game appear in the compatibility list as:
Playable, texture & controller issues

Well, i don't think that's is playable, i think the criteria to call a game playable should be changed.

I put images to compare matroid in ideas and in ds.

PD.: I think that iDeaS is a great work, but we should be realistic. :)

WhiteX

"Playable" mostly means that it gets ingame and is able to go to the end, not that you will go all the way, only that the game will not crash if you try to do so.

Low Lines

Would "Ingame" be more appropriate then??

And would anyone want to redefine the meaning of the 5 levels of playability I have used?? If you want to see them, click on the "About" button at the bottom left hand corner of the compatibilty list and it should show you a reasonably more detailed description of each category. Thank you for mentioning it.

Last edited:

Evrain

The Forbidden One
Just like Low Lines says - playable doesn't necessarily mean "don't bother buying the original", it just means you can "play" without it freezing nor crashing the emulator.
Evrain

Low Lines

Well it settled then, the Metroid Prime Hunters - First Hunt (Demo)(U) & (E) shall remain as PLAYABLE. And for anyone else who thinks there is an incorrect evalution of any game in either my Flash Compatibility List or the Compatibility Thread, read these descriptions before asking about them. These are the basic guides that all iDeaS Compatibility Testing has been evaluted on.

Playable - minor problems. (this does not always mean perfect or close to it)

Ingame - goes ingame, but tends to freeze or may have lots of graphics errors.

Not Playable - will start, intros and sometimes menus, or it may be an emu problem.

Doesn't Work - remains as a black screen, or doesn't reach the intros.

Not Tested - has not yet been tested.

Maybe when iDeaS begins to show some decent Emulation, I could add another Playability Level such as Flawless or Perfect so there's no chance of confusion with anyone. But you must understand that iDeaS is still in its early stages (which are quite astounding as they are) and you may not recieve true NDS Gaming for a while.