What's new

The best NES emulator in the world, Probably.

8bitfreak

Top Stuff!
Its ace, why have i never discovered it before!!!!

Bye bye "fceultra"

Now, does anyone know if their is a nes type controller, or an esier way to mod a normal one???

Im using a ps2 converter, but its just not the same :(

OP
8bitfreak

8bitfreak

Top Stuff!
I used that one before, forgot why i got rid of it tho, i think my controller wouldnt work or summit, and i have no patients for emulators that don't do as they are told, and fce ultra had a wierd way of coping with full screen and wouldnt streach the image properly.

Then my second fave was rocknes x

I just like jnes better :)

Fancy getting a retrocon if i cant get a nes controller.:drool:

threenil315

Jnes Rules

As for a NES controller for the PC I would just buy a conversion kit costs about 10$ and takes maybe 5 mins of sodering.

I agree that JNES is the best NES emulator out there, the only thing it lacks though is the ability to capture a video of the game but other than that it is flawless :drool:

Jabo

Emulator Developer
threenil315 said:
As for a NES controller for the PC I would just buy a conversion kit costs about 10$ and takes maybe 5 mins of sodering.

I agree that JNES is the best NES emulator out there, the only thing it lacks though is the ability to capture a video of the game but other than that it is flawless :drool:

Hey thanks everyone, :bouncy: about the video, it's on my long term to do list, probably not for the next revision but sometime after that, as I saw the power video capturing (just state based) can really offer users enjoyment

OP
8bitfreak

8bitfreak

Top Stuff!
Yeah, the controller mod does sound ace, but the thing is i live in the uk, so its even more expensive to get! :(

JNesFrK06

It is great in every way but there is one thing that it lacks and is really crucial. Diagonal mapping for the controller. Without this most games are difficult to fully enjoy (eg. Double Dribble, 720)

laynlow

8bitfreak said:
Its ace, why have i never discovered it before!!!!

Bye bye "fceultra"

Now, does anyone know if their is a nes type controller, or an esier way to mod a normal one???

Im using a ps2 converter, but its just not the same :(
check here:
http://www.retrousb.com/
I got the nes one and it works flawlessly. no drivers need :bouncy:

zelectaman

Converted
Yep... I think it WOULD be best... That emulator did crashed my computer...

HEY! Remember this: Do not reply my post, please...

Stifu

I really like Jnes as well... Everyone seems to have different opinions concerning what it really needs, and personally, I'd say support for more mappers.

Anyway, it's cool to see this emu isn't dead... It sucks when good programs get discontinued...

Edit: I registered almost 2 years ago, and this is just my first post... :p

ShadowDamien

Shadow's Secret Clone
Stifu said:
Edit: I registered almost 2 years ago, and this is just my first post... :p

I've seen this forum 2 years ago... and didn't register!!

I looked for this (j-nes) after my friend reccomended it to me!!

Dj Noop

Brand New
Jnes is what I've recommended to all my friends. It worked the first time I tried it, and I didn't know much at all about computers then.

I have a question about the fullscreen mode: Is is possible to use it full screen while keeping the aspect ratio? If not.. that'd be a cool feature to add..

I ask because I like playing fullscreen on my widescreen laptop, so when it stretches, it really stretches.

I know Playstation emulators work completely differently and all, but when PSXeven streches to fullscreen while keeping the aspect ratio, it puts black borders on the sides of the screen, like a widescreen TV does when you're watching normal channels. I really don't mind how it's done - if Jnes has any kind of aspect ratio thing I'd be more than happy and grateful for it.

Just the fact I can play some of my old favorite games on the computer.. damn, I love this emulator.

Nick_kidid0

Member since 2001
Yeah i.e. if you're at 800x600 fullscreen it should do 768x672 (3x NES screen width/height) but yeah.. I don't like a black box around it so i'll keep it to stretched

Clements

Dj Noop said:
I have a question about the fullscreen mode: Is is possible to use it full screen while keeping the aspect ratio? If not.. that'd be a cool feature to add..

I ask because I like playing fullscreen on my widescreen laptop, so when it stretches, it really stretches.

You can change the aspect in your video card drivers with widescreen laptops. At least I can with mine:

smegforbrain

I'd agree - the first NES emu I'd ever recommend to others is Jnes.

Well, unless they're playing Koei games, then I have to recommend virtuanes. ;)