What's new

Uh hello?

Fallen Angel

Well yes it's me again, I have a new Radeon Pro 9700 and now my PJ 64 does not work properly FPS is around 10-15
can you help me?

Sad that nobody helped me with that Turok Rage Wars topic ... maybe this time ...

Agozer

16-bit Corpse | Moderator
Are you using the default PJ64 plugins? Have you enabled something in the graphics plugin configuration that might affect the fps?

Are other emulators slow?

OP
F

Fallen Angel

I have Jabo's Plugins dunno what to do ... may I need special Plugins for RAdeon? I have the newest drivers xD

Agozer

Fallen Angel said:
may I need special Plugins for RAdeon? I have the newest drivers xD
No you may not. I have a Radeon as well, and Jabo'sD3D8 works like a charm. Although it could be that your Radeon model is the cause of your problem, I can't really say.

Smiff

Emutalk Member
no pj64 works fine on radeons with default settings.. something is messed up with your computer. maybe if you posted more info people could help..

Dj Noop

Brand New
Hey!
I'm not an expert or anything, but if you check under Options, go to settings (make sure you don't have 'hide advanced options checked'), go to the 'Advanced' tab, there's a bunch of stuff you can do there. Make sure anytime you have an option of Recompiler or Interpreter, you choose recompiler. 'Self - Mod Code Method' I think should be set to 'Check Memory Advanced'. Advanced Link Blocking doesn't seem to cause any problems, if Paper Mario can't handle the expansion pack, then make sure the memory is set to 4MB. Now go to the tab next to it called 'Rom Settings' (you can only affect this one if you have a rom playing. You'll see most of the same options. Play around with the 'Counter Factor' settings, that was what gave me problems with Goldeneye. It made my game glitchy and jagged when I set it too high, and it wasn't good low either, so play with it. If it's not any of those, you might want to check all of your graphics pluggin settings (including the advanced ones). It might even be the sound pluggin for all you know, if you're using Jabo's, then 'Sync Game to Audio' usually helps, sometimes doesn't. If you really like the game then you'll take time to figure this out before you keep playing it,
Again, I don't know anything, take care mang

OP
F

Fallen Angel

Thanks I managed to change and make the Vsync in Sound options, then the sound is really okay no hacking and no problems with the sound but the video options still lag I gonna tell you that there are some other Details down there where FPS is located:
r4300i: 99,2% Dlist: 0,0% Alist:7,2% Idle: 0,0% and FPS around 7,1 %

When I had Geforce this r4300 and rest options weren't located there... but thanks to you Dj

OP
F

Fallen Angel

so I have donde a lotta things!

First of all I tried annother ROms, they work with original FPS arount 50 and they work nice!
But in Bomberman f.e. the bombs are to small and there is a big shadow over them AND if you kill one and he respawns as a ghost, he will not be kind of invisible he looks like a alive bomberman... some kind of Transparency is missing I guess

SO and I also downloaded different types of Turok Rage Wars

Turok Rages Wars G
Turok Rage Wars E
Turok Rage Wars U

E and G working fine, but fader is a bit to pixely ^^
BUT U has the problem with the FPS ... uhm?

OP
F

Fallen Angel

Gsus ya know what I'm gonna do? I tried to install every damned Systems of ATI now but somehow my ****** Windows has many errors, that su* oh dear, I gonna reinstall holy Windows again and first of all I will install everything new for ATI ~.~ God Dam

Agozer

Remember: if you are a gamer, don't install Catalysts, install some 3rd party drivers which are usually loads better. Like Omegas or dnas.

Dj Noop

Brand New
If you have Bomberman issues, that's not new at all. I don't know about the bombs, but I have the same transparency issue in battlemode (just started playing it again recently). Something tells me that if Project 64 gets those issues fixed, it'd help a lot of other games too. If you're going to reinstall or clean install windows, just make sure you don't put any garbage like drivers that aren't meant for your graphics card or something. For Turok Rage Wars, after reading the gamefaqs you'll find that 1: don't sync game to audio (sound pluggin), and under the rom settings a counter factor of 1 might help (read the Turok part of the gamefaq)