PDA

View Full Version : A Link to the Past style Ocarina of Time by JDavis

JDavis
December 31st, 2005, 18:48
Yes, this is the project I've been working on, giving OoT a LttP look. Hadn't posted anything yet because I didn't have much done, and some of what I have done isn't pretty thanks to how the game applies colors to textures, but hopefully with the help of some other folk we'll have some Gameshark codes that'll take care of that.

Anyway, enough rambling, here's some pics.

zeldafan970
December 31st, 2005, 18:52
I really like where this is going! Cool idea, keep it up!

JDavis
December 31st, 2005, 19:02
Forgot to mention, the LttP pendants are only on the Status screen as place holders until I make some sprites of the Kokiri's Emerald, Goron's Ruby, and Zora's Saphire.

LinkTheHero
December 31st, 2005, 19:04
I really like where this is going! Cool idea, keep it up!

yes i agree with u this style FOR ooT MIGHT BE WAT WE Been looking for great work hope some1 well help i would but i hav no clue how u do of this stuff

Unusual_Rex
December 31st, 2005, 19:05
What do you plan on Making Link look like? Also those pics look awsome!

The_Z
December 31st, 2005, 19:09
Nice. :) Especially the map. Good job.

JDavis
December 31st, 2005, 19:19
What do you plan on Making Link look like?
Not sure yet, I plan to do the menus and HUD and such first before I try dealing with any of the models' textures.

enterthehatrix
December 31st, 2005, 19:22
Nice work.. keep it up! You've done great so far

Im Bored
December 31st, 2005, 19:37
Very nice. The skyboxes would be cool with pixel art style clouds like LttP. And id personally do them next to get them out of the way :p but thats me. It all looks very well done at the moment tho.

minkster
December 31st, 2005, 21:11
YES! I love it!!! I'm a big zelda link to the past fan...its my favorite zelda of all time! Keep up the good work...I would have never thought about going that style:)

klasa
December 31st, 2005, 22:18
Maybe these can help you: http://oot.lttp.net/preview.php http://oot.lttp.net/new.php and http://oot.lttp.net/demo3b.php.

TS_Death_Angel
December 31st, 2005, 22:36
If you don't mind, allow me to make the GUI :)

JDavis
December 31st, 2005, 23:27
klasa: I'm aware of OoT2D, but I'd rather make the stuff for this myself than borrow from it.

TS_Death_Angel: YOU can start out helping by finding the color codes for the file select menu (including the skybox behind it) and pause menu. :P

TS_Death_Angel
December 31st, 2005, 23:52
But I'm sure you'd like the adresses for the X and Y of the rupee icon...? >:D
http://img364.imageshack.us/my.php?image=010120060052193kt.jpg
(Btw: I didn't put it in any strategic place, I just moved it a bit to show you I could :))

JDavis
January 1st, 2006, 01:00
Yes, I'm sure I'd like to do all sorts of re-arranging to the HUD, but, as I've not gotten to the HUD yet, I'd rather focus on these things first.

MOYcano 0.23
January 1st, 2006, 01:02

I just love this map... this will be perfect for we the nostalgic gamers.

TS_Death_Angel
January 1st, 2006, 01:12
Alright. But I must say, the sky box is a texture not a color indexed image... as far as I know.

JDavis
January 1st, 2006, 01:53
Yeah, never mind, I thought it was just one set of images with a different color index for the different time of day, but it's not. >_>

Risio
January 1st, 2006, 07:33
Great overworld map! Props!

revl8er
January 1st, 2006, 10:21
excellent work, Link to the Past was my favorite Zelda game of all time.

legend of zelda
January 1st, 2006, 10:37
That is so cool! OoT with old skool zelda graphics, i love it! I wonder what in-game graphics are gonna look like though.

enterthehatrix
January 1st, 2006, 12:47
There's a lot to arrange...

http://www.themushroomkingdom.net/images/ss/ss_lozalttp_chomp.gif
How will you get the magic meter to go downwards?

LinkTheHero
January 1st, 2006, 14:38

cheats my frind cheats i think TS_Death_Angel well find a way:evil:

TS_Death_Angel
January 1st, 2006, 14:38

As far as I can tell, that would be impossible... although I could have a look. Apart from that everything else is easily doable.

JDavis
January 1st, 2006, 17:47
If we can't get it verticle, it isn't a big deal. I don't exactly expect us to have bomb, arrows, and keys displayed either :P We can just leave the meter horizontal below the three C-buttons.

enterthehatrix
January 1st, 2006, 19:07
Not to jump into your texture project or anything, but I started on some designs... The hearts need resizing because they overlap, but the button boxes seem fine.
http://img326.imageshack.us/img326/8075/zeldapixelhud0ek.png

if you want it let me know.

enterthehatrix
January 1st, 2006, 19:12
cheats my frind cheats i think TS_Death_Angel well find a way:evil:
Well actually, the answer TS_Death_Angel gave me the answer I was after.

TS_Death_Angel, do you have any guides or information on how I can find this stuff for recolouring and repositioning?

Unusual_Rex
January 1st, 2006, 22:38
Not sure yet, I plan to do the menus and HUD and such first before I try dealing with any of the models' textures.
Yeah that's probably the best idea. (Also I nkow what I said might have sounded ****y but I didn't mean it like that :))

MuhMuh
January 2nd, 2006, 14:32
Well, that is a cool Idea!
But it seemed to me like noone had retextured the world.
So I did a quick Kokiri-Forest retexture.
Do you like it? May I help in this project?
BTW: YAAAY!!! 100th Post! :D

The_nameless
January 2nd, 2006, 14:49
:drool:

pilm
January 2nd, 2006, 16:51
Hey, who turned my N64 into a Super NES ? :bouncy:
Can't wait to see more.

xneoangel
January 2nd, 2006, 17:07
Whoa that looks cool i cant wait to see link. :P

JDavis
January 2nd, 2006, 17:48
Well, that is a cool Idea!
But it seemed to me like noone had retextured the world.
So I did a quick Kokiri-Forest retexture.
Do you like it? May I help in this project?
BTW: YAAAY!!! 100th Post! :D
Well, I could certainly use at least some of that!

JDavis
January 2nd, 2006, 19:00
Hope nobody minds a double post >_>

Since everyone's clamoring for some non-menu stuff, Link in particular, I decided to go ahead and do.... Link's shield. (Was going to do Link, but I can't find his freaking hair <_<) Enjoy.

MuhMuh
January 2nd, 2006, 19:09
That shield looks great!
It's so much fun to retexture in alttp-style! :bouncy:
(Disable fog while using it, it looks better xD, thanks to pilm)

pilm
January 2nd, 2006, 20:14
I've just tried MuhMuh's preview Pack, and it is amazing to see how those old textures with huge pixels fit the game well.
I recommand to disable the Fog, the effect is better.

Agozer
January 2nd, 2006, 20:19
Haha, zomg huge pixals. That texture pack looks excellent. Great work.

64fanatic
January 2nd, 2006, 20:35
Lol..this is so shweet..

xneoangel
January 2nd, 2006, 20:48
WOW that really looks crappy... errr i mean like an SNES xD anyway nice work MuhMuh and JDavis, cheers :party:

Keep it up!

P.S: Will you give link purple hair? :P

Vanit
January 2nd, 2006, 21:04
Just because its Snes-style you don't have to use huge pixels. There is no reason why you still can't make the textures intricate. I find it disappointing that some of you are taking the easy way out with huge pixels and saying; woah zomgz sn3s styl3!

There's no reason why you still can't make the textures complex.

Agozer
January 2nd, 2006, 22:20
Just because its Snes-style you don't have to use huge pixels. There is no reason why you still can't make the textures intricate. I find it disappointing that some of you are taking the easy way out with huge pixels and saying; woah zomgz sn3s styl3!

There's no reason why you still can't make the textures complex.
Heh, it's not actually 'high resolution' at all. I sort of agree with you, but people tend to like different things.

Vinilipe
January 2nd, 2006, 23:57
I agree too.
There could be a SNES style without huge pixels...
But Agozer is right.
Pepople tend to like different things and the idea is really good

Kerber2k
January 3rd, 2006, 00:19
Just re-make the textures with the same style...but perhaps yea just use big pixels first untill the concept is complete. Snes OOC is good stuff.:sombrero:

jamesyfx
January 3rd, 2006, 00:23
Out of curiosity, will these funky textures improve the games actual performance at all? Or do textures make no difference when it comes to emulation?

xneoangel
January 3rd, 2006, 01:36
Actually using these textures should make emulation heavier unless they are at a lower resolution than the originals and i doubt that.

Hey Vanit can you make a texture to show us what you expected from this project?

JDavis
January 3rd, 2006, 05:09
To each their own, and to me my own involves large pixels and keeping things as true to A Link to the Past as possible. I can't speak for MuhMuh, but all of my work is technically at the same resolution as the original OoT textures, and only sized up for the sake of texture filters and other distortions. Actually, the exception would be the map, which is twice as wide and tall as the OoT map to begin with so I could fit all the detail in it that I wanted. Perhaps when I'm done with this and release it I'll do so in two versions, one as I want it and one with the textures back at their original size so you pixel haters can have a nice blurry experience.

As for "taking the easy way out with huge pixels," that's you're opinion and you're entitled to it. But I'm not making this pack for you; I'm making this pack for me. And I'm going to make it how I want it (to that end, I already find myself reworking some of the textures MuhMuh's done). If you want to spend your time redoing the textures to look how you want them, fine. I want a pack that is accurate to A Link to the Past, meaning I'm going to use the graphics from LttP as much as I can. If I was "taking the easy way out", I would have simply made that shield have a white border, light blue in the middle, and a dark blue line separating them, just like in LttP, but while that look was fine on an eight-pixel-wide shield, it wouldn't be on a large one like this. So I recreated the shield design from the LttP art while still keeping it true to the in-game LttP graphics.

I repeat myself (for not the first time in this post) that I am making this pack not for you or the emulation community or Zelda fan community or ANYBODY other than myself. To suggest that I am in any way taking an "easy way out" would be foolish in the extreme.

As I might say if I were DeForest Kelley, "Damnit, Jim! I'm a spriter, not a texture artist!" I'll be the first to admit that I would in no way be capable of doing what Djipi has done with his OoT pack... Nor would I necessarily want to. His pack is great, and I verily enjoyed it, but while I love The Wind Waker and Ocarina of Time... and Majora's Mask, and Link's Awakening, and The Legend of Zelda, and Four Swords Adventure, AND The Minish Cap, AND (for what I've played of them) Zelda 2 and the Oracle games, A Link to the Past is, was, and likely always will be my favorite game of the series. Actually, scratch that, my favorite game of my favorite series. While I may not be one to ever declare any game as "my favorite game (period)," if I were called upon to list my favorite X number of games in no specific order, A Link to the Past is always the one I'll say first. All I'm necessarily setting out to do with this project is make Ocarina of Time even more like A Link to the Past than it already is (and let's not get me started on how much it already is), and (for at least the third time now) I do this for myself. If you don't like then that's fine, go ahead and don't like it. I'm certainly more than happy that people are taking interest in this project and trying to help and such, but when all is said and done, I wouldn't care if I was the only person who likes it. That's all I set out for.

Vinilipe
January 3rd, 2006, 05:27
u are right!
don't do it to please people, do it because u want to do it this way.
What i said is that it's possible to keep the "snes" feeling without huge pixels (u don't see huge pixels when playing the snes game)
but it is not what you are trying. so i respect that.
Again i think the idea is great since the snes zelda is so wonderful

Vanit
January 3rd, 2006, 08:30
I didn't mean for you to take offence and I still think you're textures are good. Some of them I especially like such as the map. Its in snes style but its still very detailed. Keep up the good work.

TS_Death_Angel
January 3rd, 2006, 08:57
This is looking great! :D

MuhMuh
January 3rd, 2006, 21:03
Well I make the pixels round *lol*, but i think adding more colors would kill that Snes-Feeling.

Kerber2k
January 3rd, 2006, 21:28
Just add texture filters to the SNES version before you take screenshots.

Vinilipe
January 3rd, 2006, 22:02
Maybe using a photoshop filter gives it a better look and dont take the snes feeling.
Like that:::
PS: i just made this to show what i mean and how it looks like... (needs work)

jamesyfx
January 3rd, 2006, 22:53
The first screen doesnt look too bad, but when you get to the water and ground.. it looks far too.. how can I put it.. 'stunt race fx'. :p

minkster
January 4th, 2006, 02:14
Isn't there an option to enable hq2x or 2xsai in the rices plugin? Therefore I don't think you would need to redo textures for those pixel haters.

I haven't tried out the pack yet, so I don't know if it would change anything.

legend of zelda
January 4th, 2006, 03:13
Jdavis, i know your doing this for yourself, but if you want to keep it how it was on alttp on the snes, this is a good point. The water and grass shouldn't be just plain green and plain blue, because it wasn't even like that on the snes, that's more like nes style. Just take a look at these pictures from the game. Yes, some of the grass was just a plain green, but it also had some detail to it, like the flowers and the taller grass(i think that's what it is). And the water also had some details to it like the waves. I think you should at least consider redoing them.

Havok154
January 4th, 2006, 04:40
Also if you look at water, like in the castle in the beginning, the water is actually detailed like this...kind of OOT I guess.

http://gallery.zeldalegends.net/categories/A_Link_to_the_Past/Screenshots/Item_Obtainment/media/normal_Bombs.jpg

pilm
January 4th, 2006, 09:10
+1 for the water, however on the last screenshot I think you actually see the details of the ground under the water, and not the water itself.

jessman(reborn)
January 4th, 2006, 11:51
You know...you should give Link BROWN hair to make him more classic. Of course, in Link to the Past it kinda looks purple, lol.

MuhMuh
January 4th, 2006, 12:33
@legend of zelda
I tried to use some grass and flowers, but it looked crappy, because the grass is also under the water... And flowers under water? :(

h3h3
January 4th, 2006, 16:05
I like tha pixelated version best :-)
never thought one could do such a good "in-game version" of snes-oot to be honest
this was actually my first thought when I saw the screens:D

interesting project in general
keep goin

TS_Death_Angel
January 4th, 2006, 18:36
Interface WIP
http://img424.imageshack.us/my.php?image=010420061935562gk.jpg

pilm
January 4th, 2006, 19:33
Those buttons-position cheats are amazing, really ^^

klasa
January 4th, 2006, 19:39
What texture did you edit to use for -life-?

TS_Death_Angel
January 4th, 2006, 20:08
The action text on the A button. There is a side effect of this, though. The -life- won't show unless you have your sword out or if you are moving.

klasa
January 4th, 2006, 20:19
Cant you use the arrows of the c buttons?
Or maybe both (greater chance it'l be on the screen)

TS_Death_Angel
January 4th, 2006, 20:29
Cant you use the arrows of the c buttons?
Or maybe both (greater chance it'l be on the screen)
Yes but the it will become extremely complicated, and I'm not sure if a C button can be scaled to the size of the box that contains the sword.

Tjalian
January 5th, 2006, 23:48
The action text on the A button. There is a side effect of this, though. The -life- won't show unless you have your sword out or if you are moving.

But surely there's a way to modify that, right? ;)

Djipi
January 6th, 2006, 15:46
Ocarina of time like this , hum!!!

legend of zelda
January 6th, 2006, 21:32
@legend of zelda
I tried to use some grass and flowers, but it looked crappy, because the grass is also under the water... And flowers under water? :(

Well, you don't have to use flowers, i just think there should be some form of detail in the grass and water.

Interface WIP
http://img424.imageshack.us/my.php?image=010420061935562gk.jpg

That's awesome! I like that style even better than the wind waker one.

xneoangel
January 6th, 2006, 21:38
Ocarina of time like this , hum!!!

That looks cool. :party:

Hmm i wonder how navi will look in snes style...

64fanatic
January 6th, 2006, 21:47
Covered in pixels :p

loopsider
January 7th, 2006, 06:06
Hmm i wonder how navi will look in snes style...

http://www.gameswelike.com/web/images/Zelda/History/Zelda03fairy.jpg

JDavis
January 7th, 2006, 19:42
loopsider: If it were only that simple...

Anyway, I've been a bit sidetracked lately, but I am reworking and otherwise going-over the Kokiri Forest textures that Muhmuh did, and when I'm done with that I'll have some new pics.

And Djipi's take on the project is certainly... interesting.

Oh, and before I forget, I'm considering making a "DX" version of the pack, where-in I clean up the textures and make full use of their size. Not just a simple applying of a Photoshop filter, but going back and smoothing them out by hand and such... But one thing at a time :P

pedrocasilva
January 8th, 2006, 11:49

Anyway, I've been a bit sidetracked lately, but I am reworking and otherwise going-over the Kokiri Forest textures that Muhmuh did, and when I'm done with that I'll have some new pics.

Oh, and before I forget, I'm considering making a "DX" version of the pack, where-in I clean up the textures and make full use of their size. Not just a simple applying of a Photoshop filter, but going back and smoothing them out by hand and such... But one thing at a time :PSomeone should put a menu to choose what texture pack to play at the beggining of the game :drool: I'm gonna have like 3 to 4 folders with the same emulator and diferent packs in it. :evil:

legend of zelda
January 8th, 2006, 23:48
Yeah, there's like 3 texture packs for Oot now. I keep having to rename folders when i want to use a different pack.

MuhMuh
January 9th, 2006, 14:51

Oh, and before I forget, I'm considering making a "DX" version of the pack, where-in I clean up the textures and make full use of their size. Not just a simple applying of a Photoshop filter, but going back and smoothing them out by hand and such... But one thing at a time :P
If I could see some of the textures you redid in your style, we could share work and I could retexture some other locations.
By the Way, I tried something with the Fairies, but it seems to be harder than I thought.. :/

xneoangel
January 9th, 2006, 17:08
I think your fairy texture looks pretty good, the only problem is the colors... hmmm maybe there's a way to change the colors via gameshark codes or something.

TS_Death_Angel
January 9th, 2006, 17:24
I didn't make this code, but this is supposed to change the colours of Navi.

V1.0
811E2154 43RR
811E2158 43GG
811E215B 43BB

V1.1
811E2314 43RR
811E2318 43GG
811E231B 43BB

V1.2
811E2A14 43RR
811E2A18 43GG
811E2A1B 43BB

jessman(reborn)
January 9th, 2006, 22:22
So...I guess Link's gonna stick with blonde hair, huh? I know that this isn't MY mod, but if you're gonna change everything else, especially Navi (which looks great, btw), you should change his clothes or at least hair. The classic Link was Brown...

Kerber2k
January 9th, 2006, 23:05
Actually the SNES one had pink hair.

AshuraZro
January 10th, 2006, 05:09
I'm liking the idea behind this project alot. If your going to retexture a game, you might as well go big with the style, am I right? I've got a lot of free time comming up in about 2 weeks (finished high school) and a very active interest in screwing around with images and creating stuff, so I'm probably going to spend a little bit of time playing around with things and see if I can help contribute to this. And yes your quite right about the pink hair, Kerber2k.

Unusual_Rex
January 10th, 2006, 15:54
Yeah same here I am too liking this idea :)! Now... if you we could figure out how to do Link...

bloodyzelda
January 10th, 2006, 21:58
Maybe beta shots could help? The first Link was based on ALTTP's Link. Brown hair, brown sleeves, the shield, etc.

http://www.jaytheham.com/zc/oot.php?page=ootbab.html

There's a LOT of beta shots on this site :) Hope this will help.

jessman(reborn)
January 11th, 2006, 10:42
WHOA! That Link is SO COOL! This game seems so much better and more FAITHFUL than the real n64 game.

pedrocasilva
January 11th, 2006, 22:02
WHOA! That Link is SO COOL! This game seems so much better and more FAITHFUL than the real n64 game.Offtopic: Actually I think Child Link looks better in one of the last Betas than it does on the final build of OoT:

http://www.jaytheham.com/zc/betaimages/abr/ABR_DC_differentmainroom.jpghttp://www.jaytheham.com/zc/betaimages/abr/ABR_DC_oldbosstunnel1.gif
http://www.jaytheham.com/zc/betaimages/abr/ABR_DM_goronandmulticolouredbombflower.j pghttp://www.jaytheham.com/zc/betaimages/abr/ABR_DM_goodview.jpg

Also if you guys look at more videos... it seems like the physics and animation on the hat were better than the final ones

bloodyzelda
January 11th, 2006, 22:13
I've heard the videos were created apart from the game and weren't actually made with the N64. For example, Link's shadow in a video is WAY too realistic while in the game it was just a plain circle (now it looks like two dots) it's probably the same thing for the hat. But I might be wrong.

BTW, that project is very interesting, although I never really played ALTTP... keep up the nice work!

Unusual_Rex
January 12th, 2006, 12:52
His hair isn't that brown it's very light browny yellow. But I think that would be the best design.

Unusual_Rex
January 12th, 2006, 20:04
If someone will get me all of Links textures (Old Links) I'll hi-res them into ALTTP style.

JDavis
January 14th, 2006, 22:54
Unfortunately, "a bit sidetracked" escalated into "very sidetracked" and now the spring semester has started, so I don't know how much time I'll be able to spend on the project.

As for Link, I just haven't gotten to him, partly because I was unable to locate some of his textures (his hair in particular, which I do fully plan to make LttP pink).

Vanit
January 14th, 2006, 23:36
There ya go. The texture itself is just a pure pink placeholder. Feel free to change it to something else.

pedrocasilva
January 15th, 2006, 01:05
There ya go. The texture itself is just a pure pink placeholder. Feel free to change it to something else.now we know why link hadn't got pink hair in the N64 version :evil:

Vanit
January 15th, 2006, 01:47
Well I tried taking the highres hair out of Federelli's pack, making it grayscale, changing it back to RBG mode and putting a pink translucent layer over the top and you get this effect. Ofcourse I won't be giving you this texture because it was based on someone else's work.

Unusual_Rex
January 15th, 2006, 18:35
Hey Vanit if you have the time do you think you could rip all of Links textures for me?

Vanit
January 15th, 2006, 21:35
Truth be told I got the filenames from Federelli's pack and then put my own stuff in.

Unusual_Rex
January 15th, 2006, 21:48
Oh... okay. Cause I can't seem to rip them all.

Typify
January 16th, 2006, 14:02
Ohmygod that pink hair is melting my brains. That is a crime against nature, it should not be inserted into this pack >_<

jessman(reborn)
January 17th, 2006, 11:21
I heard that the pink hair was originally a mistake and that no one seemed to notice until the product, heh. You're right. It looks pretty bad, but I guess giving him brown hair wouldn't be "A Link to the Past" style. I really think brown's the way to go, but no one wants to hear my opinion...heh...

bloodyzelda
January 17th, 2006, 22:59
I also think the pink hair looks weird. It doesn't really suit OOT's Link. I think I'd use brown hair too...

Agozer
January 17th, 2006, 23:07
For the sake of not pissing off a lot of players, please, keep the hair it's original OoT color... Even if it's LttP-style.

Pink hair just ins't right, no matter how original it would be. Especially on someone like Link. Eww.

Kerber2k
January 18th, 2006, 00:01
I heard that the pink hair was originally a mistake and that no one seemed to notice until the product, heh. You're right. It looks pretty bad, but I guess giving him brown hair wouldn't be "A Link to the Past" style. I really think brown's the way to go, but no one wants to hear my opinion...heh...

Not a mistake simply a fad that occured in Japan at the time think of it as Nintendos attempt to make
Link hip to youth around japan. I think charecters from BS zelda had pink hair too if I recall.

Unusual_Rex
January 18th, 2006, 22:57
I think the Hair should be browny yellow.

MuhMuh
January 22nd, 2006, 16:05
Ok, I remade some of my old textures and made some new ones, so there are no more huge pixels. Here's what I've done so far, please tell me what you think.

Angel Of Death
January 22nd, 2006, 16:44
This is exactly what me and Glitch Master are good at. We can help. Thanks to glitch master for the cool sig.

Cönker
January 23rd, 2006, 07:07
I dont' know what is wrong with most of you, that hair is purple (the posted pictures)

MuhMuh
January 23rd, 2006, 19:29
You dont seem to pay any attention to me... So i'll give you some screenshots lol...
http://img355.imageshack.us/img355/2105/thelegendofzelda136jj.th.jpg (http://img355.imageshack.us/my.php?image=thelegendofzelda136jj.jpg)h ttp://img355.imageshack.us/img355/1766/thelegendofzelda148am.th.jpg (http://img355.imageshack.us/my.php?image=thelegendofzelda148am.jpg)h ttp://img384.imageshack.us/img384/1383/thelegendofzelda154qf.th.jpg (http://img384.imageshack.us/my.php?image=thelegendofzelda154qf.jpg)h ttp://img384.imageshack.us/img384/241/thelegendofzelda169nt.th.jpg (http://img384.imageshack.us/my.php?image=thelegendofzelda169nt.jpg)
http://img384.imageshack.us/img384/2571/thelegendofzelda175bh.th.jpg (http://img384.imageshack.us/my.php?image=thelegendofzelda175bh.jpg)h ttp://img384.imageshack.us/img384/478/thelegendofzelda185uv.th.jpg (http://img384.imageshack.us/my.php?image=thelegendofzelda185uv.jpg)h ttp://img479.imageshack.us/img479/5553/thelegendofzelda192hk.th.jpg (http://img479.imageshack.us/my.php?image=thelegendofzelda192hk.jpg)h ttp://img384.imageshack.us/img384/8358/thelegendofzelda201jr.th.jpg (http://img384.imageshack.us/my.php?image=thelegendofzelda201jr.jpg)
You can download the textures i've done so far 3 posts above.
If you disable fog the effect will even be better... But i didn't know that while i took the screenshots.

Engeljaeger
January 23rd, 2006, 21:06
Heya, that's right; you gotta show some screenies to get attention here ;)
Man, that looks pretty good...especially, it truely has the "A link to the past"-feel to it :)

My problem with this is just that I don't think this will ever be finished, because areas, other than Kokiri Forest and Hyrule Plains, will be hard to find "a link to the past"-like textures for...(not to mention all the time it takes to finish such a mod)...
I'd love to be proven wrong, though ;)

Hau rein :)

pedrocasilva
January 23rd, 2006, 21:35
Heya, that's right; you gotta show some screenies to get attention here ;)
Man, that looks pretty good...especially, it truely has the "A link to the past"-feel to it :)

My problem with this is just that I don't think this will ever be finished, because areas, other than Kokiri Forest and Hyrule Plains, will be hard to find "a link to the past"-like textures for...(not to mention all the time it takes to finish such a mod)...
I'd love to be proven wrong, though ;)

Hau rein :)yeah, it's looking really awesome :) (I too was bought by the pics) :party:

Spensad
January 23rd, 2006, 21:37
This pack is gonna be awsome.

I loved link to the past and by the looks of it your doing a really great job of bringing that look into OOT.

Keep it up.

bloodyzelda
January 23rd, 2006, 22:03
Although I don't like ALTTP or OOT (hey, that's my opinion), it looks great!

legend of zelda
January 25th, 2006, 04:40
Although I don't like ALTTP or OOT (hey, that's my opinion), it looks great!

omg, are you serious? OoT and ALTTP are the 2 best zelda games so far(until TP comes out). There's no way you can be serious. So, do you not like zelda at all, or just not like those 2 zelda games. Because if you just don't like those 2 zelda games but like other zelda games, your insane.

Kerber2k
January 25th, 2006, 04:51
The legend of Zelda for NES is the best zelda IMO. The pixels were even created by Shigeru Miyamoto..no other Zelda had that much relashionship with its creator. (Supposedly using his childhood as inspiration) The SNES one translates Zelda, and compliments using the technology at the current time much like OOT for N64.

legend of zelda
January 25th, 2006, 06:28
Zelda for NES is good, but ALTTP and OoT are a lot more fun and have a more detailed background story to them. Me personally, I like all the zelda games, though i still haven't played wind waker yet because i have no gamecube cause I have no money. I don't know what i'm gonna do when tp comes out, i think i'll try to borrow a friends gamecube so i can play(hopefully he's grown tired of it). Then when the revolution comes out i'll buy that if i can afford it. *sigh*... i'm so poor.

Cönker
January 25th, 2006, 06:44
Yeah, you really aren't living up to your name. In the legend of Zelda, link collects rupees! Come on!

legend of zelda
January 25th, 2006, 06:48
Yeah, you really aren't living up to your name. In the legend of Zelda, link collects rupees! Come on!
How am I not living up to my name?

Vanit
January 25th, 2006, 09:18
Haha, he was referring to the fact that you talked about not having enough money for a Gamecube, where as if you were in the part you should be saying you don't have enough rupees for a Gamecube :P.

Unusual_Rex
January 25th, 2006, 19:16
Wow MuhMuh those are excellent!!! Congratulations!

EmuFan
January 25th, 2006, 22:01
I like all the pictures, MuhMuh, but isn´t this supposed to be a project by JDavis, and not..you? I do like the shots, i really do, but JDavis started this project, and i think it is unfair that you give all the attention to MuhMuh instead of JDavis, who got this idea first to begin with. And we haven´t heard anything from him for days...

legend of zelda
January 26th, 2006, 07:55
Haha, he was referring to the fact that you talked about not having enough money for a Gamecube, where as if you were in the part you should be saying you don't have enough rupees for a Gamecube :P.

Oh, ok. I didn't get that cuz i didn't give the rupees thing any thought.

Unusual_Rex
January 26th, 2006, 20:33
Yeah were is JDavis? Sorry for giving all the attention to MuhMuh :(

JDavis
January 31st, 2006, 23:34
Sorry guys, it's been a busy month, and will probably be a busy semester... (that's college for you). I'll post more when I have it >_>;

Unusual_Rex
February 1st, 2006, 15:35
Oh... thats too bad.

-Link-
March 10th, 2006, 22:56
Hey everyone, I dont know if anyone knows me but..yeah :P I've been working on a LTTP Style OoT also and I talked to JDavis and we have decided to combine projects =D

You can see mine here Ocarina of Time Retextured (http://s15.invisionfree.com/ZFGC_X/index.php?showtopic=367)

pedrocasilva
March 11th, 2006, 02:30
Hey everyone, I dont know if anyone knows me but..yeah :P I've been working on a LTTP Style OoT also and I talked to JDavis and we have decided to combine projects =D

You can see mine here Ocarina of Time Retextured (http://s15.invisionfree.com/ZFGC_X/index.php?showtopic=367)welcome then, good to see some life in this thread...

everything looks amazing but that pink hairdo really tickles my eyes... :< (nothing that I can't change with the textures in my possesion though)

the shield looks awesome:
http://img416.imageshack.us/img416/5307/lttpshield4ld.png

Are you going to make a filtered high def version of aLttP like the textures in that shield... or a really retro version? (or both?)
http://img513.imageshack.us/img513/4199/fences1ei.png

MuhMuh
March 11th, 2006, 09:56
Yeah i like your shield, but i think the rest looks pretty terrible... And i think my world textures are better! :P (I think there are some screenshots of my work on page 11 or so)

-Link-
March 11th, 2006, 18:10
Yeah i like your shield, but i think the rest looks pretty terrible... And i think my world textures are better! :P (I think there are some screenshots of my work on page 11 or so)

Yeah your are :P But i've only been texturing for like...2 days now? Anyways I changed the hair to brown (its on another page on those other forums) And about the retro/high def thing, Ill probably mix them, and I also got the water done, its on the same page as the hair.

2kool4skool
March 12th, 2006, 03:53
Congrats -Link-/Pyro, I'm glad you merged the projects. :)

JDavis
March 12th, 2006, 07:04
I do believe the merging of the projects is best, though in the end my vision and Pyro's vision may not match up entirely, so there may be two versions of the pack... It'll still go much faster this way :P

pedrocasilva
March 12th, 2006, 16:46
Yeah your are :P But i've only been texturing for like...2 days now? Anyways I changed the hair to brown (its on another page on those other forums) And about the retro/high def thing, Ill probably mix them, and I also got the water done, its on the same page as the hair.I didn't see the other pages the first time I followed the link...

Indeed, the brown hair looks awesome:
http://img98.imageshack.us/img98/3744/brownhair9rb.png

I might even like it more that way than the original one, or any other that I saw before.

The water also looks good, but I've gotta say it's a shame that it looks so pixelated, yeah I know it's the style and all, but I just think filtered it would look so much cleaner:
http://img98.imageshack.us/img98/4415/water7kj.png

-Link-
March 12th, 2006, 21:28
Anyways, I've been working with the wall textures for hyrule field and they dont seem to be working...I was checking somthing and I put in Minish Cap style walls (for a side project im doing) and they turned out like this

http://img453.imageshack.us/img453/3994/wtf7uq.png

Do you know why?

Billmaster
March 21st, 2006, 16:25
Hey MuhMuh you been doing a great job!

Guys I have an Idea for link. Instead of making him 3D use a modifed version of the link sprites from ALttP!

Typify
March 21st, 2006, 17:06
Guys I have an Idea for link. Instead of making him 3D use a modifed version of the link sprites from ALttP!

Heck no.

Unusual_Rex
March 21st, 2006, 19:59
Excelent Shield!!! It's downright amazing but... the rest of the game looks too "ALTTPish" whereas your shield (as good as it is) doesn't your basically contrasting realistic with unrealistic graphics. I think in my own opinion you should decide upon a style to use. Maybe a combanation of the two? Like keep the original shape but high-res it? So you have a realistic version of the game? I'm not sure just a though I had, keep up the amazing work! :)

EmuFan
March 21st, 2006, 23:03
Well, it´s his project, so that really is up to him, only him and nobody else than him. I think it is supposed to look ALTTPish, since he you know, said it...

Kerber2k
March 21st, 2006, 23:40
I dont think you can make ALTTP realistic...its just not possiable you might as well just wait for Kmans pack if thats the direction. The only way to make this project actually high-rez is to re-make the actual textures instead of taking screenshots. I leave you with a example I created. The link to the past tree.

Toasty
March 22nd, 2006, 00:27
Not possible. Only textures can be changed, not models.

El Kameleon
March 22nd, 2006, 00:44
i'll be honest, this graphic direction is very nostalgic and fun looking, but really not worth sweating over. i'd just go head and do one part of the game and leave it at that. but thats just my opinion.

jynx
March 22nd, 2006, 02:01
who said old skool cant rule

Unusual_Rex
March 28th, 2006, 02:52
I don't think anybody said that. But then again I don't read the post very carefully.

Risio
March 28th, 2006, 03:58
who said old skool cant rule
Trust me, old school rules! This pack is going in the right direction, it's exactly what it says it is, A Link to the Past style Ocarina of Time.

Unusual_Rex
March 28th, 2006, 17:56
This will be good.

Vanit
March 29th, 2006, 10:02
I'm pretty sure this project is dead. JDavis hasn't even logged in here since March 12.

2kool4skool
March 29th, 2006, 15:20
that's only been a couple of weeks. Besides, Pyro is working on it.

åsabo
July 17th, 2006, 02:18
Well I tried taking the highres hair out of Federelli's pack, making it grayscale, changing it back to RBG mode and putting a pink translucent layer over the top and you get this effect. Ofcourse I won't be giving you this texture because it was based on someone else's work.

Hmm... what do you think about this style?..little bit modern.. he hee :evil:

Bluesummers
July 17th, 2006, 03:15
Wow why did you revive this thread?

tailslol
July 17th, 2006, 10:19
punk link cool :p but revive it it a good idea

Poochy
July 19th, 2006, 17:02
Man...all you people who were complaining about the pink hair:
Why do you have to ruin the fun? The object is to make OoT look
like ALttP. Well, if you've ever even played that game, you'd know
that Link's hair is pink! The makers of this project shouldn't sacrifice
accuracy for the sake of a few people who were offended when seeing
Link in what they consider an "abnormal" hair color. Remember, this
was the 16-bit age, and there were no color limitations. This is very
different from, say, Princess Toadstool's hair appearing to be red in
Super Mario Brothers, when she's really a blonde. Nintendo intentionally
made Link have pink hair in A Link to the Past! It's a different Link, don't
you get it? So to make Ocarina of Time TRULY look like Link to the Past,
his hair must be pink! :)

Surely someone must stand with me in the desire for faithfulness
to the original graphic style!

EmuFan
July 19th, 2006, 21:41
Why do you say this now? There have been several MONTHS sinve the last REAL update, counting out that punky Link. So starting that discussion all over again is pointless.

Poochy
July 20th, 2006, 03:09
Ah, but the real question is:
Will you actually lose sleep over something so trivial?
Or will you toss and turn saying *grumble, grumble,
why'd he he have to bump that thead*?

It's not even worth mentioning, IMHO. =]

MuhMuh
July 22nd, 2006, 14:22
http://img89.imageshack.us/img89/2831/thelegendofzelda9vn7.jpg (http://imageshack.us)
Hmm...

The_nameless
July 22nd, 2006, 16:18
thats AWESOME!!! :D

MuhMuh
July 23rd, 2006, 20:09
What do you think about it?
http://img72.imageshack.us/img72/9976/thelegendofzelda22jl5.jpg (http://imageshack.us)

Im Bored
July 23rd, 2006, 23:16
I actually really like that man

though the one thing is... be careful, it could just end up being Cel shaded OoT v2 or something. I know thats not what it is, and the style your mimicking calls for it... but... Itd be best to weigh up whether or not it gives it a totally different feel, not a similar feel to Djipis pack.

Vinilipe
July 24th, 2006, 04:14
They somewhat look very similar.
but because this one has a snes style, it makes the pack tottaly different at the same time
Looks really nice!

tailslol
July 24th, 2006, 22:33
hum realy like it ;)

Conker rox
August 12th, 2006, 16:18
looken good a bit to cel looking though but really good

Graxer
August 12th, 2006, 22:20
It's amazing!

MuhMuh
August 15th, 2006, 12:35
http://img142.imageshack.us/img142/6045/castle1ql5.th.jpg (http://img142.imageshack.us/my.php?image=castle1ql5.jpg)http://img136.imageshack.us/img136/1016/thelegendofzelda25hh9.th.jpg (http://img136.imageshack.us/my.php?image=thelegendofzelda25hh9.jpg)
I'm just messing around a bit. 'looks strange imo.
And my Sky is buggy since I downloaded the last g-force driver.

mdtauk
August 15th, 2006, 13:37
Just a bit of trivia here. In all the artwork link's hair was a ginger blonde. However for the sprite, he had pink hair. I don't know why this was chosen, perhaps it was so his hair would stand out from the various mails he wore. When designing the sprite, a little plasterscine (spl) model was made so the artists could see it in 3D, this model also had pink hair, and 2 huge eyes.

Terranigma
August 15th, 2006, 16:00
Wow, that looks awesome, but I must say, it does look like it's turning into Celda 2.0. It doesn't really scream LTTP.

Mollymutt
August 15th, 2006, 16:17
Yeah, that looks like it would fit in with Djipi's pack. But I really like it.

Vinilipe
August 15th, 2006, 17:19
I like it.
Its amazing!

MuhMuh
August 15th, 2006, 19:22
It's very hard to make it look like Alttp...
Alttp: http://www.zelda-infinite.com/files/wallpapers/lttp/1280x1024/castle.gif
Oot: http://img136.imageshack.us/img136/1016/thelegendofzelda25hh9.jpg
...At least it doesnt look like Djipis Cel pack, if you compare them.

Vinilipe
August 15th, 2006, 22:40
They follow almost the same style, a cartoony style...
The Celda Pack and ALTTP;
But that doesnt mean they are the same or that your project is bad.
Please don't stop!!!

jessman(reborn)
August 15th, 2006, 22:51
Looking good, man! All you gotta do now is give Link purple hair, lol. j/k. Pink hair was a fad at the time in Japan, but seriously...while this is one of the cooler mods I've seen, please give Link brown hair or something more classic. Keep up the good work! ;)

Conker rox
August 16th, 2006, 08:40
wow that looken quite good. Ow yer and if your wondering why your sky is all mest up try turning on the "using software vertex clipper" option under directX in the configure graphics plugin place that should get rid of the messted up sky

pwn
August 29th, 2006, 02:56
wow, i love that! Tis awsome!

Unusual_Rex
August 31st, 2006, 01:10
Very nice! Good work.

AkumuHau
September 15th, 2006, 10:58
this project is really interesting, im really wondering how you'll make all the areas work, but good luck to you, can't wait till this is done

MuhMuh
October 7th, 2006, 13:49
Just for you to know this is not dead. Goron City :D
http://img167.imageshack.us/img167/8746/goroncityfl9.th.jpg (http://img167.imageshack.us/my.php?image=goroncityfl9.jpg)
Click to see full screenshot.

Toasty
October 7th, 2006, 20:51
Great work, MuhMuh. :)

AkumuHau
October 8th, 2006, 19:51
looks great!

there should be a website that has all the hi-res projects and such for N64 games, just so there's not a forum full of dead projects, but a detailed site that explains and keeps track of progress

Blink
October 11th, 2006, 02:13
EDIT: Well page eleven LOOKED like the last page at first. xD

The project is looking great though MuhMuh. Definately lovin Kokiri Village, but I think Goron city needs more of the pixelated feel that Kokiri Village has. Maybe make it have a more adobe/red tint to it as well? Just kinda throwing ideas out there...