What's new

Is Conckers BFD running slow for all?

tconn

Just tried Conckers BFD last night. It looked great but ran very slow, with lots of pauses -sounds&video. I have only tried a few roms with Prog64, but have been very impressed! Mario runs perfectly, as well as 1080 Snowboading. But Conkers does not.
If its just the emulation, so be it. But if there is something I can do I would love to know!

System too slow?
Sys specs.

PIII 900Mhz
256MB PC-133
Geforce 3 t1-200
WD 7200 rpm HD
ect.
ect.

Thanks
tconn.

Lex

It is not the emulator i think couse i am running a 350MHz and conker still runs great with a 700MHz you can run conker at the highest speed i think

Ogy

3Dfx Fanatic.
tconn said:
Just tried Conckers BFD last night. It looked great but ran very slow, with lots of pauses -sounds&video. I have only tried a few roms with Prog64, but have been very impressed! Mario runs perfectly, as well as 1080 Snowboading. But Conkers does not.
If its just the emulation, so be it. But if there is something I can do I would love to know!

System too slow?
Sys specs.

PIII 900Mhz
256MB PC-133
Geforce 3 t1-200
WD 7200 rpm HD
ect.
ect.

Thanks
tconn.

it's absolutely not your specs, they are perfect for CBFD, try to do as allnatural suggested, if that doesn't work... dunno, maybe try to mess with the CF?

OP
T

tconn

Advance block linking?

I guess I'm still new at this but how do you disable advance block linking?

Allnatural

Start the game, then click: Options\Settings\Rom Settings. Turn off ABL and then hit F1 to reset the rom.

ssjkorn87

Ive been gettin the same prob

On a 350Mhz perfect?
I turned of Link blocking and get about 30 frames per sec max
I use Azimers Audio 0.4 b and the speech is far too jerkey to listen to any ideas??

Oh yeah my specs
880 Celeron
TnT 2 32 Mb
Standard Generic Built in sound card
Running on Xp
512Mb of ram

Again Any Ideas- Feedback App Thx :pj64:

Ogy

3Dfx Fanatic.
ok, i'm really not sure about this but i think it is from your vid card, i'm saying that, becuase i have a comp with an onboard TNT2 and all games are really slow, much slower then they should.

i'm runnig CBFD on my cel 850 w/ voodoo5 and get full 60 fps (most of the time)

ssjkorn87

Thank you

Thank you for replying, now buying a Geforce two and a sound blaster live seems inevitable oh well. :):pj64:

Smiff

Emutalk Member
well if you have a TNTx in PJ1.4 you have to use change blending mode which massively increases the plugin's CPU usage.

OP
T

tconn

Turned off ABL and it helped abit. It's playable now. Any other suggestions I would love to know.

Thanks for everybodys help!

tconn