What's new

Save State problem?

InfamousG

I've finally had my first problem with Jnes.

I'm still using version 0.5.3

I was playing Super Tecmo Bowl last night and was doing a lot of save/load states because I was cheating to see how high I could score :). Anyway, at a seemingly random time (3rd game of doing this, near the end of the first quarter) Jnes started to say in the status bar: "Unable to save state: Super Tecmo Bowl.js0"
It will also give "Unable to load state".

I have tried changing the slot numbers and also doing Save As but it still won't save it.

Anyone have a clue what might be wrong? STB doesn't use battery ram, so if I close out I lose the progress I made since the save state stopped working.

:party: Cheers,

InfamousG

Jabo

Emulator Developer
worst case you can always do a "Restore From"... navigate to the Jnes Saves folder and load it by hand if you know what file you want

if that doesn't work it is probably something that should be looked into further (ZIP up the state and post it here), also of interest is that the ~ key is the default state slot, you might of accidently changed to slot 0 ? and can't load your state properly

oh btw, 0.6.0 is released on the forum in the "Download" thread, 0.5.3 is old, I am not aware of any issues like that with it, but never hurts to use the latest stable build - but from the looks of it 0.6 has better error handling for this http://www.emutalk.net/279917-post7.html

Last edited:

ShadowDamien

Shadow's Secret Clone
I play j-nes on a school network and I have to keep on making different save states for it, but that's the only problem I have.