What's new
  • Most issues reported these days stem from users not enabling their emulators to use the required amount of RAM.
    We also tend not to use the search feature but post our issues within the texture pack release page.
    Failure to load a texture pack should not be posted in the release thread unless you have already patched the emulator.

If you don't have the resources to use Large/HD texture packs please do not attempt to do so.
    Users should have a minimum amount of System RAM not less then 4GB's.
    If you have less then 4GB's of RAM do not post about how your emulator crashes,
    RAM is dirt cheap so invest some money into your PC.

I would like to say thanks to squall_leonhart
    for posting this Solution.

Wanna improve ur frame rate with Project 64

koolkarts

Sexy Beast
download this:

http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/...fa-0e3c-4837-afc0-6c67dcaa54bf&displaylang=en

This download is 46MB, but it's done wonders for the frame rate of my games. It's boosted the frame rate by at least 5 frames, for games which have been retextured. This is a must download for everybody to improve their gaming experience with PJ64 or any other emulator. Please reply back with comments on whether this download improved your frame rate or not. It can also improve other aspects of your gaming experience. Hope you enjoy it.

Last edited:
OP
koolkarts

koolkarts

Sexy Beast
Sorry guys. I've sorted out the link. The download should now work. I dont know what happend earlier.

MorpheusEternal

It's the December 05 updated version of Dx9.0c, worth putting in - M$ is supposed to have updated things a little for the newer games out, BF2, etc.

OP
koolkarts

koolkarts

Sexy Beast
flowrent said:
What about older video cards like GF2Mx 400 ?
Doaes it help or it slows it down?
It helps. I have a really old graphics card - Radeon 7000 and its helped like hell!

stunt_man

It asked me where to install it (the directory)... Where should I put it?

Anyone?

Last edited:

ScottJC

At your service, dood!
1) This is the 1964 forum, not Project64.
2) I don't think DirectX is the reason for your "increase" of 2.5 fps, yes Project64's Fps counter is not frames per second like you might think, to get the real value you just half it, 60 = 30 and 50 = 25. In any case this increase is hardly worth it as the human eye will never notice it.

OP
koolkarts

koolkarts

Sexy Beast
ScottJC said:
1) This is the 1964 forum, not Project64.
2) I don't think DirectX is the reason for your "increase" of 2.5 fps, yes Project64's Fps counter is not frames per second like you might think, to get the real value you just half it, 60 = 30 and 50 = 25. In any case this increase is hardly worth it as the human eye will never notice it.
I noticed it, and I don't have "super"-vision. Anyways if it didn't help you, i'm sorry to hear that. Maybe it'll help someone else...

Last edited:

SubCog

it seems like microsoft should re-name updates too. I mean, they're only on "c". It's not like they're running out of letters of the alphabet.