What's new

The Sonic Adventure 2 + nVidia Problem

Skilzat99X

If you're not familiar with it, look here:
http://www.emutalk.net/chankast/30756-sonic-adventure-2-texture-lock.html?highlight=sonic+adventure

I know my fair share about computers but I'm not that big about changing settings and such to make things work emulatorwise. Anyways I got a new nVidia GeForce4 MX 128MB and of couse the game runs at good FPS, but there is still the big fat texture blocking thing.

The big thingies in the screen I beleive are like decoration sunrays or something like that.

Anyways, does anybody know any possible work arounds? I searched the forums first, of course. Is there a way to make modifications to whatever to make it work.

Also, there are a number of settings that can be configured with the Geforce in the advanced display properties tab. Does anybody know any kind of property that could be making the texture render the way it does? It's kinda hard to word it.

If you can't think of anything, oh well, it's all good. Peace people, thanx.

DeathRain99

Hey... Didn't we have an arguement on the GM forums a while back or something...? Nevermind, probably someone else...

Anyway, you say your graphics card is new so if you haven't already, try upgrading your drivers.

OP
Skilzat99X

Skilzat99X

DeathRain99 said:
Hey... Didn't we have an arguement on the GM forums a while back or something...? Nevermind, probably someone else...

Anyway, you say your graphics card is new so if you haven't already, try upgrading your drivers.
Drivers to the fullest :)

@Guru64, oh well, just have to wait for next Chankast I guess heh.

GCFreak

You will have even more troubles with the latest drivers, as the GeForce 4 MX has troubles with the latest ForceWare. Trust me, I have a GeForce4 MX and I know.

OP
Skilzat99X

Skilzat99X

Does that mean rolling back drivers might fix the problem? I'm actually doubting it, but if it would I still dunno if I would, since a video card is good for a little more than just emulators. :)

Thanx.

GCFreak

Skilzat99X said:
Does that mean rolling back drivers might fix the problem? I'm actually doubting it, but if it would I still dunno if I would, since a video card is good for a little more than just emulators. :)

Thanx.

No drivers will fix the problem. It's just a bug in Chankast itself, not your drivers.

OP
Skilzat99X

Skilzat99X

GCFreak said:
No drivers will fix the problem. It's just a bug in Chankast itself, not your drivers.
Hmm, I wouldnt say it's a bug as much as it's a to-do list item :)