What's new

donkey kong 64-setting for startup?

a2002adam

I'm having problems playing donkey kong. can u tell me what setting and stuff i need to play it properly (what i need 2 download etc.). thanks a lot.

i have a amd athlon 1.3Ghz with a NVidia Geforce 2

CpU MasteR

omg h4x
a2002adam said:
I'm having problems playing donkey kong. can u tell me what setting and stuff i need to play it properly (what i need 2 download etc.). thanks a lot.

i have a amd athlon 1.3Ghz with a NVidia Geforce 2

For your specs use PJ64 or 1964

Azimer

Emulator Developer
I don't mean to be rude... but I am a little tired of all these questions being answered with "Use 1964 or PJ64". What the heck is the point to an Apollo forum if you all just shove them off? I don't understand this. By posting here, I assume he needs help running it under Apollo. So why tell him to use some other emulator? Do you believe it's really that pointless to try to run anything under Apollo?

Anyway a2002adam, can you be more specific about your problem? If you need a graphics plugin, Jabo's D3D6 is the best to use under Apollo. You can get this from the last PJ release or from various websites that distribute it unauthorized.

OP
A

a2002adam

being more specific........

when i try 2 load it up, it says it has loaded it, but it just remains a blank screen and i have 2 quit the whole program because it doesn't work. Other emulators, such as project 64, start it, but then an error occurs. Could it be the rom? what should i use to check if it is the rom or not? Actually, i tried other roms on apollo, but only mario 64 seemed 2 work, yet the others worked fine on the other different emulators. thanks

Azimer

Emulator Developer
What plugins are you using with Apollo? It's likely your DK64 might be bad. I suggest checking with with Goodn64. PJ64 default settings should work.

CpU MasteR

omg h4x
Azimer said:
I don't mean to be rude... but I am a little tired of all these questions being answered with "Use 1964 or PJ64". What the heck is the point to an Apollo forum if you all just shove them off? I don't understand this. By posting here, I assume he needs help running it under Apollo. So why tell him to use some other emulator? Do you believe it's really that pointless to try to run anything under Apollo?

Anyway a2002adam, can you be more specific about your problem? If you need a graphics plugin, Jabo's D3D6 is the best to use under Apollo. You can get this from the last PJ release or from various websites that distribute it unauthorized.

Oops, ???
Apollo too...

maximalred

Maybe people are trying to use this program that have Mhz Computers

Maybe people are trying to use this program that have Mhz Computer , for Example He says that 1 Ghz is slow on the Apollo web site . I reasons people use Nemu , Project 64 and 1964 is that most people still have Pentium 3 computer which are Mhz NOT Ghz computers , this person that is making this program , is far to Advenced for most people I are still using Mhz computers . I think that he inperpos broke the program so it would not work for People with Mhz computers or this Program is a Fake N64 Emulator because with any game on my 730mhz computer with a Sound Blaster Live! and A newest Geforce 3 card that some of the games should work with Apollo but not even my Donkey Kong 64 or any other games I have on my Pc will run with Apollo but they have no problems running with Nemu, 1964 and Project 64 using same plugins

I have a Sony VAIO Pentium 3 730mhz computer
model type PCV-R556DS

maximalred

It works with Donkey Kong 64 But slow and no sound yet

It does work was wrong about it not working on Mhz it does
yep , I was wrong that Rtool program broke the roms with apollo so I think that the Rtool program is no good

so I retore my roms from a backup CD

---------------------

Olax

Apollo is great, it may not be as fashionable as 1964/PJ64 for whatever reason but it's compatability is close to 1964/PJ64 and a number of games only run on Apollo

More power to your elbow Azimer - well to your fingers anyway!

olax

Curious

Hi

I have a problem loading DK64 with Apollo. My system meets Apollos criteria and I am using the Plugins the Read me file suggests. It loads beautifully but when you reach the movie with the Island it loops and then freezes each time.

Any suggestions as to how to fix this?

Thanks in advance.

C

Azimer

Emulator Developer
It will be. I may work slowly because of a busy schedule, but I am persistant and I haven't stopped yet... permanently ;)

Many thanks for the kind remarks. I am honest when I say it does a lot for motivation.

Olax said:
Apollo is great, it may not be as fashionable as 1964/PJ64 for whatever reason but it's compatability is close to 1964/PJ64 and a number of games only run on Apollo

More power to your elbow Azimer - well to your fingers anyway!

olax

Rice

Emulator Developer
Apollo's compatibility is actually higher than PJ64 and 1964 for the nature that Apollo is using interpreter at current moment.

pj64er

PJ64 Lubba
Rice said:
Apollo's compatibility is actually higher than PJ64 and 1964 for the nature that Apollo is using interpreter at current moment.

really? even compared to 1964 and pj64's interpreters?

Rice

Emulator Developer
If comparing to 1964's and PJ64's interpreter, compatibility should be about the same. I know that Apollo is capable to emulate some unsupported games better than 1964, so I assume the compatibility in Apollo is very very good, just need a better graphics plugin to run such unsupported games.

pj64er

PJ64 Lubba
Rice said:
If comparing to 1964's and PJ64's interpreter, compatibility should be about the same. I know that Apollo is capable to emulate some unsupported games better than 1964, so I assume the compatibility in Apollo is very very good, just need a better graphics plugin to run such unsupported games.

hmm...

me dumps 1964 for Apollo! :sly:

Curious

Curious said:
Hi

I have a problem loading DK64 with Apollo. My system meets Apollos criteria and I am using the Plugins the Read me file suggests. It loads beautifully but when you reach the movie with the Island it loops and then freezes each time.

Any suggestions as to how to fix this?

Thanks in advance.

C

Oh I got DK64 to work on Apollo. I put the CF up to 4 and inserted Smiff's latest RDB into the Apollo folder. I must say DK64 looks, in my opinion better on Apollo than the other 2 emulators - not polygon problems. However I now have the same problem in Apollo as I have in PJ64 1.4 & 1964 0.72 with the 0.73 patch.

Namely:
"I have a similar problem to demonmind in his thread "a sinking feeling about Donkey Kong" However I have passed that particular test. My problem lies in that I am unable to throw the 5 oranges. Each time Donkey Kong approaches an orange, the orange moves as if it has been thrown and this happens for all 5 oranges. I then await for time to run out and I have failed the test. The oranges seem to be translucant. Or not solid if this makes sense. Donkey kong can not pick up the oranges they disappear and give a score on the bottom left of the screen. Any ideas why this is happening. I do not think it has anything to do with the CF, as I have changed the CF to both 2 and 3 and still have not been able to pass the test."

Any sugestions how to fix this?
???